3000 FUT, Piotr Rataj, Prestige Clinic, Wroclaw.

I am presently 9 months post op from 3000 FUT with Piotr Rataj of Prestige Clinic, Wroclaw, Poland. I have no visible growth and have deemed the hair transplant to be unsuccesful to date. I had no underlying pre-existing physical conditions (two years of extensive blood tests, MRI scans and medical consultations) and I am taking no medicines or hair loss medicines. The surgeon is in fact a accomplished plastic surgeon but has no extensive portfolio of hair op patients to his name as far as I could find out. I only had a small window of opportunity to have the FUT and this guy got back to me quickest. Add to that the vulnerability of most hair loss patients and a good price thrown in and I ended up on Piotr Ratajs operating table. Customer care immediately after my op was non existant and no hair care info pack or nurses checked on me for the four hours after my op. before I was picked up and taken back to my apartment. I must therefore advise anyone who contacts this clinic (who are advertising FUT) to be very thorough in there questioning and research of this surgeon. I share this experience without malice or resentement towards Piotr Rataj and my experience is based purely upon my FUT results whilst at Prestige Clinic, Wroclaw, Poland. Two pics. First is September 2011, second one is June 2012.

5b32d3457bb15_Sept9th2011.jpg.14868daf5e8151fbbfc016bd4f7f2f73.jpg

P1040500.jpg.3ce8449682eec359db3eff573d5dfd03.jpg

Hi

I feel for you as you should of had some good growth by the 9 month mark. Its a shame you didnt go to Dr Saifi of the Ah Med clinic as he is in Wroclaw. I and quite a few others from this site have had a transplant with him. I am only at the 4 month stage and just starting to see growth now. All the others are extremely happy with the results.

I hope everything works out well for you as its a horrible situation to be in.

I presume you have been in contact with them recently? If not I would now and demand the money back as clearly you have not had any knid of result.

Keep us informed on how you get on.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

Thank you Buzz2. I`m staying calm and learning from my mistake and trying to pick a good surgeon for an FUE op soon. Yes I have been trying to communicate with them, and yes I am trying to salvage some kind of refund to go towards hopefully an FUE HT of about 1500 grafts possibly. As yet though the clinic has failed to offer me any further advice or a refund so I have started to post and warn others to be careful when considering Prestige Clinic and Piotr Rataj. My thoughts are mainly towards picking a good FUE surgeon for an FUE op soon. Dr Mwamba in Belgium right now looks good. A consultation and then hopefully a transplant in July of this year. I`ll keep you all posted with pics should I manage to get the green light for a second attempt at hair growing glory.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I know it is quite outdated post, but I feel like I should respond to the comment regarding doctor P. Rataj from the Prestige Clinic in Wroclaw/Poland. My husband had a FUE hair transplant at that clinic about 5 months ago, and he is very satisfied with the results. He had a medium hair transplant to the top and to the forehead. We were quite worried, as most of the hair have fallen out within the first couple of weeks, but as dr. Rataj informed us it is quite normal and that the natural hair would grow in their place, which is exactly what happened. Right now we are in the process of arranging another trip to Prestige Clinic with the agency clinic for you, as my husband wants to repeat the procedure to improve the results, and he received a discount as a returning patient, which is very nice. So far, we are very glad to have chosen this clinic and dr. Rataj. I am going to have a cosmetic consultation too, which is free of charge. I can safely recommend dr Rataj and clinic for you services. Lisa Tucker

• 4 years later...

It's years after the original thread but i feel strongly about the issue. I would caution you against going to dr. Rataj.

As a young man (22) i went to him without any knowledge about hair loss, i did not know at that point that at my age with the hair loss i had then i was not yet a viable patient, neither did i know about limited donor area or anything of the sort.

First the poor excuse for a consultation.

Dr. Rataj did not inform me that my hair would recede above the transplant or the fact that i was too young to actually have the transplant in the first place given how much hair i still had back then.

I was never told about such things like a limited donor area, hair treatments, the aesthetics were also not discussed, in fact the doctor did not provide any relevant information, he simply gave a go ahead answering all questions as "ok" "you'll look fine" and so on, i should have ran for the hills back then but the mr. Rataj is such a charming fellow, emanating confidence and trust.

The op itself was fast, what happened then was a complete mess.

After being bandaged with a head full of scars i was let go and informed that i can take the bandages off myself after a prescribed time, when i did i discovered the entire transplant area covered in puss infected, swollen tissue.

Dr. Rataj dismissed it as normal and sold me some sort of ointment which failed to work, after using it up the state of my transplant area remained horrible for a further two weeks, i resorted to a visiting a dermatologist and was helped only then.

Finally the long awaited hair did grow, except it did so at some very odd angles, at one side of my head it's actually growing inwards, curling in some weird fashion. If dr. Rataj did a major transplant this way he would ruin my hairline forever.

After many years when looking into the matter and trying to find another surgeon i researched the subject and saw the pictures, now aware what the guy did to me i cannot warn you enough.

So no, i was not happy about Ratajs performance, he did a horrid job and the only small blessing is that the transplant was minor which means i'm able to undo the damage he did with other, far more competent surgeons.

I will never, ever set foot in dr. Ratajs clinic again and i would caution you to research him carefully and demand contact from satisfied transplant patients, perhaps i was an isolated case but i will never trust him with my hair again.

You could try dr. Saifi, he's in the same city but seems a good deal better, in fact i'm going under his knife next year.