Bosely?

kj777

There are so may doctors at Bosley that it is hard to say they all are good or all are bad but many people have had a bad experience there so most posters would recommend going elsewhere.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

kj- I agree with wantego. Take some time and research the coalition doctors that are recommended here. There is a good list of doctors who you can review, consult with, and choose one based on your needs. Ask past patients and the docs you are interested questions and review the results.

Stay away from bosely and mhr or any other hair mill. The ads are slick, trust me I still enjoy the commercials today, but that doesn't guarantee good results. You are taking a gamble with them...again look at the docs recommended here.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I had a HT at Bosley in Seattle and I definitely would NOT recommend them to anyone. Granted, my surgery was quite a while ago but there were many negatives and unfortunately I didn't know any better. The consult was a sales pitch that attempted to make you feel more insecure about your hair loss and make it seem like you had to get the procedure done. The salesman, Mark, was a total jacka$$ and he wore a hair piece. Unreal. Dr. Smith was pretty much a jerk and took two donor strips for 360 graphs. I'm sure a fair amount of donor hair was thrown away. The big ? with Bosley is why??? Why risk it? Go with an established doc that has proven results and paitient testimonials and pics to back up their work. There are others but look at Shapiro or Hasson and Wong. Go with the best and forget Bosley (my opinion). Just do your homework and you'll be fine. Good luck.

You can get a much better quality ht for less money from any of the following docs: feller, shapiro, H&W, alexander, rahal. that's just to name a few. like the others have pointed out, with a hair mill you don't know which surgeon you're getting. book an ht with h&w and either hasson or wong is doing your surgery. bosley or mhr are a roll of dice, and a pricey one at that. your precious donor hair is not worth it.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

thanks for all your comments, after i posted this i searched the forum and saw all the negative posts about bosely.

I am very new to all this and I am just going over my options. Should my next step be to set up some consultations with surgeons? what should I ask them?

• 1 month later...

Its worth noting also that Bosley recently purchased MHR but apparently are operating them under the original name.

I also had a consult at the Chicago Bosley clinic and found it to be a transplant mill set on making money not the best hairlines.

I'm aware that a lot of people here are not fans of bosely, and i respect your opinion. But i have to admit, I had dr. deutsch perform two procedures for me, and the results were, in my opinion, great. I'm thinking about going back to him for a 3rd procedure, but if i may ask, has anyone heard anything bad of dr. deutsch's work....But after reading everyones critisms regarding bosley, I begining to kinda second guess my own opinion. Could I be wrong?

I see the Bosely commercials all the time, has anyone had good results with them? would anyone recommend them?

Yes! I would recommend them...... staying away from your head! LOL

I had a bad expeience with Bosley and Im not alone. There are many people that have complaints about them.

Do yourself a favor and stay far away from Bosley.

Ytoday:

Please share your results.

Bosley does have some good doctors and some bad ones. You never know which one you will end up with. You may have been lucky and got a good doctor performing your HT.

As for me, I would not take that chance.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley