Plastic Surgery on Tricophytic Scar?

Hello all - I had a hair transplant with one of the recommended surgeons on this site 10 months ago. So far I am very dissatisfied with the results - there is very little difference between the before and after photos. I am told I have to wait a year, but don't see enough happening in the next 2 months to change my mind. I'm now angry with myself for having gone through this.

I would like to be able to get off Propecia and cut my hair short again at a #2 or #3 - even though the tricophytic closure was used, the scar is very evident when I cut my hair to this length. Does anyone have experience with fixing these scars so they are a lot less noticeable? Any recommendations?

Some words of advice to users who are considering a hair transplant - think about it very carefully and do your research. I would prefer to be completely bald right now given my current predicament.

Many thanks in advance

Hi Olean.

I do know that Dr Lindsey only recently had a very well documented case on here fixing flap surgery scarring.

He was previously a plastic surgeon before a hair restortation surgeon.

I would definitely suggest you contact him or alternatively email spex as he is a very good surgeon and excellent at minimising and reducing scarring.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I would look at some of the other great doctors as well but his name sprang to mind first.

You should be able to find him on the 'find a surgeon section' on the right as he is a recommended surgeon and Spex is hair loss veteran who now is a consultant for Dr Lindsey.

Alternatively, you could send a private message to either of them on here as they are online quite often or to their websites, I know Spex website is Spexhair.com.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.