21 years and Fearing of Going Bald ... Pls Help me out.

Hi guys there.... As u Can C From the Posted Pics My Temples have receded During Last Year ( Right Temple Being More)

I Consulted a Trichologist and He said there's nothing to Worry.... But seeing my Concern and Stress.. He Prescribed me Minidoxil 5%

.. He Also Promised me that He Could Stop More Receeding by using this medicine...

But one of my uncle told that i would lose more hair initially (Which they Guarantee wud regrow back more Thicker), but in his expereince that new hair never came back... When He was 28 he was 2A... He's now 45 and Norwood Scale 4A...

I am very much anxious Now.. Considering my age I'm only 21 and If this rate Continues I would Be 2A before 24.. :-(

My Dad is now semibald... But he had Full Bush hair till he was 45.... There is less Baldness history on My Fathers Side

But on my Mothers side both my Uncles (Mom's Brothers) are Nowrwood 3A... They say they were like this During their 20's....

What Should i Do??? PLs Give Your Valuable Suggestions...

PS : I lost Some Hair on Temples About 4 Months Ago... But as i Have now Started Taking exercises and Follwing a good Diet... There is almost no Hiarfall (Except Some Normal Shedding)...

Images

10326.jpg

10327.jpg

10328.jpg

sharan9895,

Welcome. I understand your concern and it is prudent to be aware of and to monitor your hair for signs of loss. But, at this stage you may simply be developing a normal, mature hairline.

You may wish to consult with a dermatologist specializing in hair loss or a hair restoration physician. They will be able to give you more specific advice. If hair loss is in the cards for you then the best option you have at this time to potentially retain the hair you have is Propecia (finasteride). In fact, combined use of finasteride and minoxidil is the most effective hair loss treatment for males currently available.

I see you are in India. I realize it's a large country but we recommend two physicians there and one may be convenient to your area.

Dr. Pathuri Madhu

Dr. Radha Palakurthi

Best of luck!

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

thanxx for the quick response....

Yup my hair Just now looks like a Matured man's Hairline..

I Dont Have any HairLoss now... Would be Monitoring My hair for Next Few Months...

Will any Hair Grow Back from those Areas... If so how much months should i wait...

(For those who think They are Blad here's What i Did - I just removed the mirror from my room ;-) Else i would just Watch it and get Stressed.. Also engage on Doing something - An Idle man's Mind is a Devil's Workshop -True. Also Break the daily Routines and Do whatever you like - Hearing Songs , Outing, etc )

No-one is actually bothered About your Hair other than You...

sharan9895,

Welcome. I understand your concern and it is prudent to be aware of and to monitor your hair for signs of loss. But, at this stage you may simply be developing a normal, mature hairline.

You may wish to consult with a dermatologist specializing in hair loss or a hair restoration physician. They will be able to give you more specific advice. If hair loss is in the cards for you then the best option you have at this time to potential retain the hair you have is Propecia (finasteride). In fact, combined use of finasteride and minoxidil is the most effective hair loss treatment for males currently available.

I see you are in India. I realize it's a large country but we recommend two physicians there and one may be convenient to your area.

Dr. Pathuri Madhu

Dr. Radha Palakurthi

Best of luck!

Got a Doubt.. Just searched Internet and Found that One Must Minidoxil Till he Wants to retain Hair (That Suxx) .. Once You Stopped Using it You would Lose More Hair within 6-12 Months - Kindly Clear this..

And About Propecia - It has got History of Making Users Impotent (That would Be more Depressing than Going Bald)

thanxx for the quick response....

Yup my hair Just now looks like a Matured man's Hairline..

I Dont Have any HairLoss now... Would be Monitoring My hair for Next Few Months...

Will any Hair Grow Back from those Areas... If so how much months should i wait...

(For those who think They are Blad here's What i Did - I just removed the mirror from my room ;-) Else i would just Watch it and get Stressed.. Also engage on Doing something - An Idle man's Mind is a Devil's Workshop -True. Also Break the daily Routines and Do whatever you like - Hearing Songs , Outing, etc )

No-one is actually bothered About your Hair other than You...

I really don't think your hair looks like a mature hairline. It still looks pretty much like a juvenile hairline to me. It's okay to monitor things from time to time, but you need to stop worrying about your hair and freaking out. You're not even close to the point that you should be freaking out!

Dude honestly ur hair looks great. Stop worry about it and enjoy your college years.. Once you start being obsessed about your hair your life will turn!! Now for ppl who really got thin hair or bald spot at your age they have the right to stress about it but for you, your hair still looks great, so dont take any meds before you make sure that you really balding (not just getting a mature hairline).

Dude honestly ur hair looks great. Stop worry about it and enjoy your college years.. Once you start being obsessed about your hair your life will turn!! Now for ppl who really got thin hair or bald spot at your age they have the right to stress about it but for you, your hair still looks great, so dont take any meds before you make sure that you really balding (not just getting a mature hairline).

Pheww.... Relaxed a bit now... ;)

Hi,

I think you need to sit back and relax a minute. Your hair looks really solid and your worrying too much which doesn't help. If your really concerned contact Doctor Radha Rani who is a qualified dermatologist and also a HT surgeon. She is very honest and will tell you the truth and not mislead you.

Cheers Rod