My current situation

This video was recorded a coupe weeks back, I wanted to do a high quality, honest video rather than lots of little photos.

If you guys could check it out and give me some response, I'd be very grateful. Also, apologies for the toplessness, haha. I should probably start working out, else my hair won't be the only thing concerning me.

I've annotated the video pretty thoroughly, so I won't have to explain too much here.

Rich,

You are fairly young for an HT. Our hair is pretty similar but I am a few years older than you (33), and my loss has been steady and minimal for about 10 years. I see that you can't take fin and are rogaine. The good news is that you have awesome characteristics, so when you are ready for a HT you will likely have a great result. At your age, I would be weary getting an HT. Even at my age, I am still a little nervous about it. Not that I think you are going to end up a NW7, but your hairline could currently be a little low to support your future realistic goals. in a few years, if the bottom hasn't dropped out, you may consider a little work in your corners and the center of your hairline (same place I am getting touched up). For now, I feel you should hold off. It is a shame you can't take propecia, but it is good that you aren't tied down to a pill also. (I take it and do not have sides, but I hate the thought that pill could be what is keeping my hair it my head).

Good luck, try to chill, and remember that you have awesome characteristics when you go through with it. If you have an HT, you will likely have a better head of hair when you are 35 then when you are 25, but it is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to getting too aggressive to young.

Have you consulted a HT doc? Where do you live?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I am taking Fin (1/4th mg but going up to 1/2 to see how the side effects go), and I'm definitely not hoping to have a HT with my current situation, though I just wanted some advice and input from others :) What are these awesome characteristics? And I live in the UK, but am a bit of a hopper, I've been living in Australia for the last year.

What is it you don't like about your hair?

Your hairline just like it has changed from a juvenile to more mature adult one.

I think it looks normal.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Rich, while your hairline may have receeded just a tad, all in all your hair looks very good. You can always see scalp with wet hair, and it will always look thin when wet, so don't let that bother you. I'm glad to see you are being proactive and using the Big 3! Try and get that Finasteride dosage up to a full 1 mg. You are doing right in tapering the dosage up slowly from a very low dose. Spex says using that method works well.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Rich, while your hairline may have receeded just a tad, all in all your hair looks very good. You can always see scalp with wet hair, and it will always look thin when wet, so don't let that bother you. I'm glad to see you are being proactive and using the Big 3! Try and get that Finasteride dosage up to a full 1 mg. You are doing right in tapering the dosage up slowly from a very low dose. Spex says using that method works well.

I am just really hoping it doesn't get any worse for a few more years, I can only keep doing what I'm doing currently though, I guess. I don't think I will be able to get my dosage up to 1mg because when I was originally taking that, my sex drive completely disappeared, after a few weeks. we will see. I've actually been in a deep depression for the last month or so though, maybe that also has something to do with it :/