How do I reverse the effects of hydrogen peroxide?

I bought distilled water but was given diluted hydrogen peroxide by mistake which I used as a final rinse and did not wash out for over a week. As a result, my hair is becoming significantly worse by the day and is drying, matted and becoming frail and weak with thick knots which are riding up and forming tight clumps. How can I reverse the effects of hydrogen peroxide? I have used oils, conditioners, steam, shampoo's even my own natural avocado and coconut masques but nothing is working. How can I reverse the effects of this stripping chemical? I will buy/do anything which will work as I am desperate....please, please help. Please do not suggest cutting my hair as I do NOT want to do this

Mariposa,

How long ago did you use hydrogen peroxide on your scalp and hair?

Honestly, time is the best healer. Since you've basically stripped the color out of the hair, you will have to wait for the color to grow out with new hair. In the meantime, continue to shampoo and condition your hair to cleanse and moisturize your scalp and hair.

You may also want to speak with a salon who may have some helpful advice for you.

Best wishes,

Bill

Topical antioxidants would reduce the effect of hydrogen peroxide, but only if applied shortly after it happened I would think.

Sorry but I think Bill's right, time will be the main thing, and talk to a salon I believe there are some products for hair damaged by hair bleaches (which use peroxide)?