HT in India - Dr Mahadevia or Dr Radha? Also FUE or FUT ?

Hey guys,

I am a 29 year old guy from India and have been losing hair for quite some time now. As is the norm I was first in denial and then put it on back-burner (was kinda careless).

I have now lost quite a bit of hair (think am a Norwood III Vertex) and was looking to get an HT done in India. I have read a lot of posts on this forum about several doctors in India including Radha, Dr Madhu and Dr Mahadevia. I have also researched elsewhere on the Internet about other doctors and clinics.

Dr Radha seems to have an excellent reputation here but so far she (or anyone else from her clinic) has responded to my repeated attempts.

I also contacted Dr Mahadevia who was very prompt in replying back and has been fairly satisfactory as well. However looking up his name on this forum produces mixed results and I am not really able to make up my mind about him. Even though it seems like a lot of posts about him are quite dated and I haven't seen any recent posts about him.

Also I am not really sure if I should go in for FUE or FUT, looking at my pics can you guys comment, what should I go for?

What do you guys suggest? Any other comments about the method of HT or number of grafts are welcome!

Thanks y'all.

Cheers!

IMG_20120515_223838.jpg.7ec96c585ca3cc552a53adcff0ccaa0c.jpg

IMG_20120515_223711.jpg.1a247faf644dbf5d68d7dadb9484f00a.jpg

NEWGUYINTOWN, without any comparing I would say Dr. Radha is the best in India and Asia. She does great job and concentrate on one patient a day with full supervision plus she is recommended here. In your case I would advice you to do FUT, don't worry her scars are pencil thin. Check her out here http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/doctors.asp?DrID=663#page=page-1 ,,, Giid luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

newguyintown,

Welcome! I don't know much at all about Dr. Mahadevia but both Dr. Pathuri Madhu and Dr. Radha Palakurthi are recommended by the Hair Transplant Network. To learn about our criteria for recommending physicians, click here.

Good luck in your search!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank you Hariri and David for your replies.

I am also leaning towards choosing Dr Radha as there are nothing but good things to read about her here.

One thing I have still not been able to make up mind is whether to go for FUT or FUE. I really can't decide at all. Can you guys help?

Does FUT really leave a big scar? And is it true that FUE has relatively very lower yields than FUT ?

Yield is much better with FUT also your thinning area is large and I strongly believe in Dr. Radha scars as they are done very well leading to a pencil thin scar. FUE is good for small areas like lowering hairline and touch ups plus Im not sure of Dr. Radha talent as she didnt post any online. Im not sure about her FUE experience but in strip surgery I believe she is the best in Asia as she is a hands on surgeon and depend less on her technicians.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thank you Hariri.

I've been reading up a LOT and have been led to believe that FUE is a good option only for people who need a small HT done. So I guess I am going to go with FUT with say around 3000/3500 grafts to have a good coverage both at the front and top. Would that be sufficient?

Also I am already in contact with Dr Radha and looking to book an appointment with her after having some of my queries answered.

Thanks again!

Good choice buddy. Contact cardel25 and RodG, they have good knowledge in HT and did their session with her. They might help you and give you a boost. Congrats, welcome to the high quality $1 per graft clinic.

My Hair Treatments:

Thanks!

I have already gone through the threads/blogs of Cardel, RodG, Hiflyer, vizagdiary and few more who got their HT by her and most of them are really happy with their surgeries/results.

I will keep coming back to you guys for all the help :) And obviously I will keep you guys updated!

who is the best Doc for HT? After 6 months of analysis i found that these 2 of the docs. based in Hyderabad (India) are best in HT. Is it Dr.Dr Puli Ravinder Reddy or Dr. Madhu Pathuri ? I have met a patient of Madhu however i met the person who has HT with Dr.Puli and the results looks impressive.Kind of confused now whom to choose .Please advise..

I would highly recommend Dr. Radha (or Dr. Madhu, if you wanted to investigate additional surgeons).

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 weeks later...

I suffer from bad diffuse thinning as seen on my avatar pic. Also Im quoted as having retro alopecia which affects the hair on the side in the lower part of the hair in the back, am intrigued by the affordabilty of the F U E procedure if done in India. Had 1800 grafts done in a Florida clinic not a good job by that doctor.

Looking for some advice and expectations with my condition as it comes to F U E procedures as well as India Surgeons

5b32d31a176a3_Snapshot1(2-2-20127-37PM).png.330830109f7883a76f5d1fbbda30554e.png