Regarding number of grafts required

Hello All,

Need your expert advise here,2 weeks before I had consultation with a doctor for HT and he suggested that I might require around 3500 grafts.Prior to consultation I was assuming that I might need about 2000-2500 grafts taking my case severity into consideration ( or may be due to the fact that I'm following this forum quite a while I arrived to that conclusion ).

But after consultation I'm very much confused.Could you please let me know how the required # of grafts are calculated,does it depends on the donor yield capacity or case severity.

Uploaded my pics for your reference.Please advice.

Thanks.

First.jpg.ec883c08bda9e7c99f72111b8e76aa4f.jpg

Three.jpg.2ef5db62cacddc46ce949f34d94da086.jpg

looking at your pics 3500 does seem quite alot of grafts . i would have thought 2-2500 would have been about right esp after seeing some posts of late with very little grafts used and much larger area than yours .

are you lowering your hair line?

Even i feel that 3500 grafts is too many looking at your pics.

However you have posted only the frontal pics. so assuming you are planning HT only in the frontal region, 3500 is too much.

First HT with Dr. Radha Rani on 04/26/2012

Single - 514

Doubles - 2130

Triples- 230

Total Grafts = 2874

Total Hair = 5464

Just based on that picture I agree with your early guess. But pictures sometimes mislead.... If you really have that thick donor hair, not thin donor hair, yes I'd be more likely in the 2500 or less group---and I am a firm believer in putting lots of hair in a finite area.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians