When you start to decide after 3 years..

Hello to all,

As some of you know , i'm at my mandatory military service and i got 14 days left. it went really comfortable as i was not in the terror zone but you know the military , it's never that easy. In my contry ( Turkey) it is mandatory to go to military for 6 months if you are a collage graduate, 15 months for high school and lower. it is always a burden for men here and "real life decisions" such as work , marriage ,career starts after serving. So 14 days later , i will be a free man.

For 3 years now i have been actuvely researching about my hairloss and writing in this forum for 2.5 years. I have learned a lot , nearly everthing , from this forum. I always listened to experienced ones saying "RESEARCH" abd never rushed into anything. Today , i know i must do something with my hairloss and decided to share my thoughts with you.

For me , the key word is "to be happy with yourself". We all see maybe thousands of different pictures and have a comman thought of what is a good result and what is a failiure. However, we are all here for to feel good about ourselves and when you like what you see in the mirror, than nothing else is important.

I'm 26 and nw 5-6 diffuse thinner. i have basicly lost my hairline, mid section is pretty thin , but the crown is holding well thanks to propecia.( i cant post pics because im writing this fom cell phone but i have my pics in my other threads.) My genes say that im gonna b a complete nw5-6 in few years. I noticed my hairloss in 2009 and after 3 months of denying ,one day i buzzed it completely and using like that ever since.

Now today , after 3 years if research , i am finally deciding. I know htn is a bit "fut-biased", i think im gonna take my chance with fue. after long long thoughts , i come up with this

1- I dont want to lose my option to buzz ever.

2-There is always a possibility of not being happy with fut. even my donor supports 10k+ grafts, i may never be happy with the uncapability of covering my entire nw 6 scalp. With fue, i can get a good hairline ,buzz it and dont think about it.

3-I'm buzzing my head wirh the lowest clipper for 2 years now. i know i like it, the first time i started buzzing my hairline was good and i was happy with myself. i know ill be happy if i continue to buzz with a good hairline.

4-I am 25 and i dont want to have a high hairline with a good density overall. i prefer good hairline, diffuse thinnig with buzz look.

This summer i have my plan.I am going to us and canada for a month. I am going to rent a car from ny where i start my journey and go to Dr. Rahal, Dr.Shapiro ,Good Look Ink, Hasson&Wong , Dr.Rassman for Smp and Dr.Umar. Each of the doctors and places I'm planjing to stay for 2-3 days , see their work and most importantly what they think about my head an what my options are. I am not rushing into fue also, thoughts of Dr.Rahal and Dr.Hasson are the kost important ones since they are the best in the world for complete restorations. Maybe I am a perfect candidate that may recieve more than 6-7k in a session and have a complete restoration. I am not going to do anything before i get all the opinions from those clinincs.

Sorry for the long post. I may have forgotten something to write but these are basicaky my plan right now. All i want is a day when i dont think about my hair when i get up in the morning and concentrate other aspects of my life. all thoughts are highly appreciated.

I saw your other post as well and I can understand where you're coming from about wanting to keep the option of buzz cutting your hair. While all those doctors you mention are great, I seem to remember quite a few really good results from Dr. Umar (who only does FUE) with patients who ended up with buzz cuts. They all had a lot of ground to cover like you do and ended up looking really good in the end. I don't think they would look great with their hair grown out but Dr. Umar was able to spread the grafts over a large area and place them in a way that would allow for a really short buzz cut and make the patient look like he had hair all over. Good luck!

Think of the army as character-building. I think the UK should have national service. If you typed up that post on a cellphone then you must have learned some discipline in the army! :D

Anyway, that's an interesting idea about going on a HT consultation tour. Your hairloss might be quite advanced for taking the FUE route, but if you're looking for a restored hairline with coverage at a lower density then it might be a realistic choice.

Good luck with everything.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com