Scalp Micro Pigmentation and Coalition Doctors

Are there any coalition doctors in addition to Dr. Rassman offering scalp micro pigmentation?

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

I'm not sure if this is a coalition doctor but I found another hair transplant doctor who offers SMP.

Tattoo Hair Simulation / Scalp Micropigmentation

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

TTDS,

You seem to be very interested in scalp micropigmentation lately. What exactly would you like to have done? I'm very concerned that if you go this route that you're going to truly regret your decision. Tattooing is permanent and if you don't like it, it's going to be very difficult and time consuming to remove it.

Dr. Rassman is a highly reputable, stand up physician. Thus, I suggest consulting and discussing your situation and concerns with him to see if he thinks you're a suitable candidate for this procedure.

Before proceeding with scalp micropigementation or anything else however, I'd give your hair transplant results time to grow, thicken and mature.

Best wishes,

Bill

You probably have not been following my posts which is understandable since you can’t follow everyone’s but I explained my interest in SMP in great detail in previous posts. I think you are familiar with my case and the disaster I had with my first two surgeries by the coalition doctor. Dr. Shapiro saved me from what could have been a terrible outcome. I’ve got hair on the top of my head now but not enough to appear cosmetically acceptable. It will not hold up to any light or water. I believe I am a candidate for SMP based on the low density of my hair transplants and the exhaustion of donor supply. I’ve been researching it and find more pros than cons and the cons are not negative enough for me to not move forward. According to Dr. Rassman it can be removed if necessary. I’ve come this far and gone through so much trauma that I can’t stop now or it would have all been for nothing.

Dr. Shapiro is recommending this procedure for the right candidates. I truly appreciate your input and will listen closely. What is it about this procedure that you feel I would regret? Dr. Rassman is one of a handful of places I’m considering for this procedure. I’ve already had a consultation with one place and they said I am definitely a candidate. A member here had it done yesterday and sent me pics and it looks awesome. The worst case scenario from all the research I’ve done is it may fade in a few years and it is easily touched up. I’ am actually tired of waiting for my hair transplants to grow. I’ve been waiting five years and that is more than enough time. I plan to possibly have this done in July which would be one year from my last hair transplant and have the blessing of Dr. Shapiro and the companies offering this service that is enough time after my last transplant. Even if I have six more months before the hair has thickened and matured there is no way with what I have now that much more is going to surface, thicken or mature that will suddenly give me an acceptable amount of density.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

I'm not sure if this is a coalition doctor but I found another hair transplant doctor who offers SMP.

Tattoo Hair Simulation / Scalp Micropigmentation

Timetodo,

This isn't another HT doctor, this IS Rassman!

This is mostly what he says on his webpage, but there is a noticeable lean towards the necessity of short hair here - understandable as this, being a ISHRS rag, is geared to males.

Note folks - an explanation as to why you get a blue/green tinge with SMP. It is explained in a physiological way, justified like that! Not about tattoos being tattoos, but about skin absorbing red light and hence we see green!

How do HIS, GLI and AC portray the blue/green issue?

Flat out Denial ??

- our inks are superior (it doesn't happen for us)

- our technique is different (ditto)

- we have 'special' instruments (ditto)

Timetodo,

This isn't another HT doctor, this IS Rassman!

This is mostly what he says on his webpage, but there is a noticeable lean towards the necessity of short hair here - understandable as this, being a ISHRS rag, is geared to males.

Note folks - an explanation as to why you get a blue/green tinge with SMP. It is explained in a physiological way, justified like that! Not about tattoos being tattoos, but about skin absorbing red light and hence we see green!

How do HIS, GLI and AC portray the blue/green issue?

Flat out Denial ??

- our inks are superior (it doesn't happen for us)

- our technique is different (ditto)

- we have 'special' instruments (ditto)

I wasn't aware this was Dr. Rassman. I must have missed that on the website. So he has an office in Los Angeles and Chicago?

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

It's the article I refer to. The article these guys use. It is written by - if we believe the name written under the title - by Messrs Pak, Rassman and Kim of NHI.

As for the guys in Chicago? Not doctors. Well, maybe they have some affiliation with NHI (bought their machine?) or their parent the cosmetic surgery they are associated with in Chicago may have some relationship with Rassman and he gave them permission to use the article, or the article is open domain and it looks good to have a real doctor write about the same thing that the company does. Sort of legitimizes it.

Anyway, the whole thing looks dodgy. The building up top belongs to a real Cosmetic Surgery to which these SMP guys associate themselves as a (their words) 'Independent Affiliate' . The pics, IMO, the white guys look ridiculous (as usual) and the black guy looks pretty damn good. (and these pics are I presume NHI)

And message to Bill and Moderators.

We have so many of these damn micropigmentation posts these days, I feel it is 'noise' on the HT airwaves. It won't stop me posting however, because it is valuable to me to communicate. But perhaps we should have an separate place to put them , a real folder called SMP/Micropigmentation, or whatever. Just a thought.

Edited by scar5