Is the donor density enough to cover scar?

Hello everyone,

I need your thoughts my donor density. I have a surgery coming up soon but i am a little worried whether my donor density is enough to cover the scar the i will end up with.

Please look at my picture and give me honest answers.

back_side_view.thumb.JPG.74ccc3352dcdbcc1360dee6f6c5c2e8d.JPG

This is a very good question that does not receive enough attention.

It all comes down to the quality and density of your hair, and the width of the scar.

Even skilled docs scars can be 3-4mm wide. WIth a scar that wide it will be difficult to cut your hair with clippers. If you can live with keeping your hair an inch or longer, it should cover the scar well. Dont bank on being able to use clippers.

Thanks guys. This gives me some peace of mind. My Dr would be dr path.

Most people talk about growth and healing. But ive seen a few posts about how donor hair can go thinner and the sides can drop with age. Im 28, so that does worry me a little as i am a diffuse thinner as well.

Any more thoughts?

Oh yeah, and do all Doctors take the worst case senario (if the patient loses or thins more hair on donor area/side) when taking of the strip or do doctors concentrate on the *best* grafts for survival rate and forget what will happen to the scar later in life, specially for under 35s.

It would be nice to hear from doctors as well. Is there anybody who is having trouble hiding their scar due to donor thinning?