what does "Repair" mean exactly?

so I've noticed that many people usually call any next HT surgery after the first surgery a "repair".

but beside the obvious "repair" of a poor previous surgery,why should a second/third/... surgery be called a repair?

I can't say I've heard of people referring to second or third HTs as repairs unless there was something obviously wrong with the first.

My definition of a repair would be any HT which improves upon a previous and badly performed HT. This could mean anything from planting new grafts correctly around mis-angled grafts up to extracting plugs and completely re-doing the work. Obviously the latter can make for a far more dramatic and life-altering transformation.

The reason why I'd include procedures which don't actually undo previous work as being repairs is because it can be so distressing for a patient to be living their life with a less-than-natural HT result. Restoring a natural appearance has to be thought of as a repair.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

It's when you've been in a transplant head on collision & it will take a good surgeon a session or two to 'repair' the damage caused previously.

One repair operation is sometimes not enough & there might be a lot to do to fix it.

Edited by Dutch

the reason I asked this was that I've seen some cases where a patient had previous job done with certain amounts of grafts and a decent result for that amount of grafts.but he NEEDED another procedure to achieve more coverage and density.(due small number of grafts used and progress of hair loss) and it was referred to as a "repair" case.specially on occasions where the new procedure's result was poor,"being a repair" case was blamed as one of the reasons..