Caboki Works! (pretty much)

I heard from Dr. Traquina today. He has not had contact with the patients who had the SMP done back in the 1990’s however, he did provide some good information based on his observations. He says the ink will hold up for three to four years and then the patient can go back to have it reinforced. He said if it is done properly and the right ink is used it will not bleed and turn into a “helmet look”. He said it is important to taper and feather it on the hairline so it give a natural appearance and that small dots are used and not close to each other. He said if the patient has hair that it is important that the ink is placed between the hair and not over it. The SMP procedure can also potentially cause shock loss for patients with hair but the hair will come back.

He said this may help patients with transplants with low density achieve the illusion of more density. Scars are very benefited from this procedure according to Dr. Traquina. There was some talk here that one color is used for all patients no matter their hair color. The reasoning was that all hair no matter the color appears black as stubble. He said that is not true that the ink should be matched to the color of the hair. He said if black was used on everyone no matter their hair color it would not look right. He also provided a website for the company that provides the pigment for SMP procedures. He said they can be a wealth of information. The website is www.permark.com Please let me hear back from you guys on what you think about this! Thanks.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

• 2 years later...

I tried Dushi fibers and they conceal pretty well too. I just pat the hair and they stay on pretty well. As long as you're using natural fibers which have a good static charge, they shouldn't be coming off.