Post op grafts falling out

Angelino,

Can you elaborate on your post-operative care? You mentioned showering. You should not be exposing your transplanted grafts to the direct force of a shower two days post op. Did your doc provide you with washing instructions?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Essentially for the first 4-5 days you should avoid pretty much any contact of anything with the grafts, IMHO.

If you do shower, as David says you should not allow any of the spray to hit your grafts. After a few days you should gently pour water over the top of your head so it runs gently over your grafts.

You should avoid sleeping in positions where your pillow makes contact with the recipient area, many use a neck pillow to help with this.

You should wear clothing which doesn't have to be pulled over your head, and instead wear buttoned up shirts or zip up jackets.

You should avoid wearing hats as the material can become entangled with the grafts and pull them out when you remove it.

As I said, basically just leave them alone and don't let them touch anything for the first 4-5 days. After that they should be properly settled and would need to be surgically removed.

Angelino,

When grafts are lost that soon after surgery, there will be bleeding that oozes from the recipient sites. Is this happening? If not, than I doubt that you have lost grafts.

Have you contacted your doctor?

I highly recommend that you do so.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY