Question about HT(noob)

Hi i am considering a HT op as i have receding at the front and thinning at the back, not bald yet

Bot my dads and mums sides males are completely bald so i know i am going that way too

Im 30

If i go for a HT now, with hair still to lose in theory will i have to got back as i keep losing it?

Or do i have to wait till im completely bald then have a HT(that cant be right surely)

The best thing you can do right now is to get on the meds that are FDA approved to fight hair loss -- Propecia (Finesteride) and Rogaine. You should give it at least a year to get a good idea if the meds will stabilize your hair loss and if you have any side effects from the Propecia. After the year, you should have a consult with a couple of top surgeons to determine what the best plan of action is for you. If it is likely that you will continue to lose a lot more hair and you have an aggressive balding pattern (like you mentioned you probably will) then you and the doctor will probably go for a more conservative approach with your first HT. Usually guys get their hairline done first because that's what frames your face and it's what you see on a day to day basis. You'll likely need a 2nd or 3rd procedure to give you some coverage behind the hairline and the crown later on.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

The best thing you can do right now is to get on the meds that are FDA approved to fight hair loss -- Propecia (Finesteride) and Rogaine. You should give it at least a year to get a good idea if the meds will stabilize your hair loss and if you have any side effects from the Propecia. After the year, you should have a consult with a couple of top surgeons to determine what the best plan of action is for you. If it is likely that you will continue to lose a lot more hair and you have an aggressive balding pattern (like you mentioned you probably will) then you and the doctor will probably go for a more conservative approach with your first HT. Usually guys get their hairline done first because that's what frames your face and it's what you see on a day to day basis. You'll likely need a 2nd or 3rd procedure to give you some coverage behind the hairline and the crown later on.

Yea thats great but the potential sides of fina scare me into not using it

Yea thats great but the potential sides of fina scare me into not using it

you should have a consult with a couple of top surgeons to determine what the best plan of action is for you. If it is likely that you will continue to lose a lot more hair and you have an aggressive balding pattern (like you mentioned you probably will) then you and the doctor will probably go for a more conservative approach with your first HT. Usually guys get their hairline done first because that's what frames your face and it's what you see on a day to day basis. You'll likely need a 2nd or 3rd procedure to give you some coverage behind the hairline and the crown later on.

If you're uncomfortable with Finasteride, bypass the first part of Badbeat's advice. You can move onto the latter part of his advice and consult with several clinics to get their recommendations for you.

Janna is correct. The plan I outlined is typically the best course of action but if you don't want to get on Fin, then that's your decision. I'd at least start Rogaine foam immediately as that can really help. Do your research and pick a few clinics from this site that you feel good about. You can do online consultations that are really helpful if you're not able to travel out and meet face to face.

No Fin sides here. I'm glad I started using it (over 6 years ago) and let nothing scare me away from it.

You won't necessarily lose as much hair as the baldest members of your family. If you can, try and find out the timeline of their hairloss; meaning at what age it began and how old they were when it reached the advanced hairloss pattern.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I did a couple of courses on steroids which has accelerated the loss

I knew the risk of it and i accepted what would happen.

However i didnt get the results i thought i would with the steroids so i am now regretting the decision