HT-FUT with Dr. Madhu

Hi Friends,I am planning to undergo HT - FUT. I met Dr. Madhu and got all my questions clarified. He advised me to undergo few formal medical tests to check my basic health condition.

Also I need more suggestions and recommendations from all of you who had experienced Dr. Madhu. He checked my scalp and said that I would get around 2500-2800 grafts.

Edited by AllAboutHair

• 2 weeks later...

I have all set to undergo HT with Dr.Madhu. But few posts on this site makes me double check before I commit. I hear lot of good news from Dr. Radha Rani. On the other hand, I see mixed results from Dr. Madhu's patients. I believe both are good, but who is better? I am seriously confused and desperately looking for right direction.

AllAboutHair,

You can't go wrong with either doc. Dr. Madhu has been recommended by this community for several years and has a long track record of performing excellent work and also providing world class patient care. Dr. Radha is a new addition to our community but has been displaying very impressive results.

Ultimately, the choice is yours and I would highly recommend consulting with both of them before making your decision.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

AllAboutHair,

I agree with David. Both physicians, Dr. Madhu and Dr. Radha are excellent physicians and I would personally trust my scalp to either one of them. If you are contemplating between them, I suggest consulting with each physician, viewing their patient results and ultimately, choose the one that impresses you the most.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

I am tending towards Dr. Radha Rani, but my concerns are..

1) She seems to have less experience than Madhu

2) We have not yet seen full 1year results of Radha Rani.

3) It may be too early to put her above Madhu.

4) We have only 3 patients from our forum who had HT with Radha Rani and they have not completed 6 months even (If i am not wrong)

5) Madhu has large trained team who can share his work during surgery.

6) He uses staples(more advanced) while Radha uses stiches for closure.

Most of the statements I put here are just my thoughts.

Arguments and Discussions are welcome.

Hi,

I agree with your comments in your previous post. I've checked out Doctor Madhu's website numerous times and I couldn't ascertained who he did his training with, though I would say he does produce good quality and consistent results. If you are after a surgeon who you feel comfortable with you should go with them.

On the other hand the administrators of this website do thoroughly check out prospective applicants to be considered for recommendation. Its in their best interests to ensure they don't recommend dud doctors to forum members.

I can attest that Doctor Radha, removes the donor, performs a trichophytic closure, creates the recipient sites for transplantation and places 50% of the grafts. She only does 1 procedure per day whilst Doctor Madhu's clinic does up to 3 and a team of technicians perform most of the work and he attends at regular intervals to ensure that the procedure is going well.

Its really up to you to decide who you prefer to have your procedure done with. You live in India why not go for a personal consult with by Doctors and make an assessment from there. Btw I thought trichophytic closure was state of the art compared with using staples. Some doctors have a preference for either methods to close the donor strip.

Cheers Rod

AllAboutHair, I totally agree with you. If ever I thought to do a HT surgery in Asia due to location and money factor. Dr. Radha will be my 1st choice over Dr. Path, Madhu and Humayun. Dr. Radha invaded the whole forum with her satisfied patients. There are many RodG, Hiflyer, Rockstar, Cardel 25, Lionman, Bakri, Hair4ever, Atul and Vizagdiary233. Just give it another 3 months and check out their result to make a good judge. So far Cardel25 is the clear picture of Dr. Radha.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Its nice to hear comments from you.

RodG : Thanks for yours suggestions. I have one more question. Dr. Madhu uses staples most of the times ( may be due to ease of closing ). Did you get sultures or staples from Radha. I guess both can be used for trichophytic closure (correct me if I am wrong). Also are you facing any issues like some grafts not growing or not shedding?

HARIRI: Thanks for more examples. I agree with you. But I am planning HT with in a month.

AllAboutHair, If you are in rush and planning to do it in Asia then Dr. Radha is the right person to go with based on what I have seen and heard. I had a great conversation with her yesterday, She was very informative and humble.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]