Does conditioner increase or decrease volume?

Well, my goal is the give my hair as much volume as possible.

If using no conditioner will give the most volume, then I will use no conditioner.

If using a conditioner will do this, then I want to know which brand gives the most volume.

I've heard people make both claims. Does anyone have any informed beliefs? Also, if conditioner gives volume instead of taking it away, which conditioner gives the most volume?

Being married to a women in the hair&beauty industry who come's home with different type's of shampoo's&conditioner's on a frequent basis for volume and extra shine etc. I can only say pop in to any long standing hair salon in your area and ask the stylist or colour technician's for the best product's than answer your question's.

• 1 month later...

I haven't really used conditioner for a year now, because I've always found it to flatten out the hair and make it seem thinner, however I will use it once a month or so, it and always feels nice afterwards.

Spray and leave in conditioner is a pretty good tool to use if you find not using shower conditioner is leaving your hair feeling dry and un-conditioned