SCAR Healing

Hi All

I'm just over 4 weeks post op and my scar is completely invisible at both ends at a grade 3.5 but still visible in the middle, as I've had a bit of shock loss underneath the scar. Also , it is still quite red in this part. Is it normal for the middle part to take longer to heal than the sides ??

I'm hoping it is and after reassurance that the shock loss near the scar will return. I've heard the normal time for hair to return is 2.5 months. Would this be correct ???

I'm sure it will be ok , but just starting to panic a bit.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

Anyone ?????

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

Total 5134 grafts.

Buzz its still quite red in the middle because this is the widest part of the cut, the two ends are cut tapering into a very small cut. But the middle is under the most tension while it is being stitch up, this why its still a bit red probably still a bit tender as well. You got to give it at least 3 months, when the regrowth starts coming through and the tenderness has gone get a little hand held battery massager to start softening the scar.

Cheers Porter !!! (Joking !! Remember that one ??)

I was going to ask you about the massager as you mentioned it on a previous post. Obviously worked well for you as you got a good amount of grafts on your second op. Where did you purchase it if you dont mind me asking?

Regarding the Saints, confidence may be down a bit after the defeat at Blackpool. Should be a good game though !!!

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Total 5134 grafts.

Hi,

Your like me at the worrying stage, if your really worried just send an e- mail to your Dr, I'm sure like me your just anxious about everything, as the hair vets keep informing us time and more time.

Don't compare yourself too much to others pictures and results we are all different.

Happy growing

Cheers Porter !!! (Joking !! Remember that one ??)

I was going to ask you about the massager as you mentioned it on a previous post. Obviously worked well for you as you got a good amount of grafts on your second op. Where did you purchase it if you dont mind me asking?

Regarding the Saints, confidence may be down a bit after the defeat at Blackpool. Should be a good game though !!!

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Hi Buzz if you search on ebay carmen battery hand held facial face massager ?6.00 free p&p it comes with two attachments, i used the attachment with the seven round circle's on it. Only really started using it about 9 weeks ago when i re-booked with Dr Saifi, i just couldn't get to grips with massaging with my fingers. It obviously worked as Dr Saifi commented on how the scar was soft, the wife cut my stitches out tonight over easter i'll get her to take some pics. There isn't a great deal to see as all of the grafts were put in around my existing hair to thicken it up, and the crown area where i have no hair. I'll try and get some of the scar. And yes the estate agent who couldn't read my profile name 5000 profile views to date and his is still the only negative one to. I'm hoping this will be my last HT, Dr Saifi said i still have enough donor area for one more procedure of 2000 grafts. Don't think the wife would let me spend any more money lol.

Having a little shock loss above or below the donor wound can happen, however in my ecperience in not very coomon at all. If one area of the scar looks more red you may want to consider having your HT physician take a quick look at it. to make sure there is no infection. Is it also more tender in the area that is more red? Usually the corners stay sore longer than the central area.

Now I am panicking !!!

Bucksred - Many thanks , I know we are all different in healing. I have been in contact with my docs, he has told me not to worry at this stage and give it another month or two. If I have any concerns then, by all means contact him.

DR Charles - Many thanks for your post. When I say shock loss, may be it isnt. The area was shaved, when I was stitched up there was still a little bit below the scar that showed. It has grown a bit but I can still see the scalp. It is better than it was but by no means normal.

You are correct it feels more tender at the ends but redder in the middle

Porter / Porchester - Many thanks , will order that !! Look forward to the pics and Saints hammering Pompey tomorrow.

Pending this result , I will be going for another for the mid and crown. The wife said to me before that I didnt need one. So I wont mentiond to her that I want another !!!!

Happy Easter all.

Edited by Buzz2
speling error

Total 5134 grafts.

Shock loss usually reverts itself in approximately three months. My concern here is more about the scar reddening. I urge you to check with your doctor and make sure it is not becoming infected as the simplest wound such as a paper cut can. I do advocacy with Dr. Mohebi a hair transplant surgeon who also specializes in scar revision. He stresses to patients to return if anything such a you are experiencing occurs. People's healing patterns and responses are very unique to them and their current health status. Hope this helps.

Edited by michaeljames

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Porter!!!!!!!!!! You were up early this morning, probably the excitement

What a strike, Cant deny that! Still top though , Just ! Hopefulluy we'll go up and Pompey stay up

Just seen his pics, not bad at all so far, especially considering the the amount of grafts over the area.

CHeers

Total 5134 grafts.

Buzz when the time come's just tell the wife your popping out for some milk and then head for Stanstead. I've just posted a great video on facebook of the saints fans singing just as David Norris score's his wonder GOAL! and suddenly they stop lol. no bragging rights for either of us this season mate. I'm also in the shockloss stage at the moment mate but i know it will be all good at the end. Buzz check out rlc26 16 week stage pics there looking great.

Hi

Ive had the wife examine the scar, she says it looks pink to her, which I suppose it would be after just 5 weeks. Also, I have thick dark hairs already growing through the scar(a good thing)but I think it makes it look worse at the moment as I have a bit of shock beneath the scar line. When this sorts itself out I think it will look good.

Everyone thinks the scar looks amazing at this early stage.

I have been in contact with the doc , he thinks all is normal at this stage. He said I need to give it at least 2 months, preferrable 3 before it starts to look normal.

Thanks all

Total 5134 grafts.