Final result compared to result before shed

Hi All

I have asked this question before but didnt get a reponse. So I would appeciate any feedback

Is the final result the same or better than the results seen just prior to the transplanted hairs being shed.

I ask this because at 2 weeks post op my hair looked really good. Obviously now its all shed and im back to pre op stage.

Im hoping that the final result will be better , but I just want to know what to expect.

Cheers guys

Edited by Buzz2
Error in title

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

Any advice ????

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

Total 5134 grafts.

I too would like to know. Is the 2 week phase up until the shedding a true representation of what the outcome will be after a year? Sometimes I see post-op pictures and the hairs look a little sparse, only for them to fill out months later. Do some of the hairs fall out almost immediately(not the actual root though)??

Any experiences hair transplaters or patient coordinators have any advice on this ???

Thanks

Total 5134 grafts.

Jotronic posted a thread on this one time....and I think, not positive, but I think the reason he stated that often your hair looks so good and full after a transplant is because the redness that is associated with the scalp after a transplant causes a greater illusion of density....Now, I could be totally wrong BUT I think that is what he wrote one time...and he even posted pictures to prove it....

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

This is correct, however I believe he was comparing the hair instantly after the transplant v final result. I remember this because a lot of the 'darkness' which he said made it look much better afterwards, was actually blood where the holes are punched in the recipient area.

I would expect that just before grafts fall out (2-4 weeks), the redness gives a bit of a false sense of density, however to counter balance this, when the hair has grown back after 12-18 months, the shadows under the longer hair would also give darkness.

Thanks all

Total 5134 grafts.

But do the immediate post-op results ie 2-8 days show the exact density/amount of hair that will grow in a year? I've seen some early post op shots where some areas look sparse only for them to fill out 6 months later.