My hairloss

I've been researching hair transplants for the last few years and wanted to post some photos to get an idea from some of the posters on these boards as to how many grafts it looks like I'd need. I'm 32 years old and started noticing my hair thinning around 26 years old, but in the past 2 years has really begun to bother me. I'm currently on finasteride adn have been on it for the past 18 months. My hair has seemed to somewhat stabilize.

My hairline has held up somewhat, but I'm pretty close to now having an isolated forelock. My preference is to just add density behind the forelock so I can style my hair in more than one hairstyle. Is it realistic to just add some density to the forelock and connect the mid-scalp to the forelock? How many grafts would I realistically need to add some density. I'd appreciate any information.

IMG_0002.jpg.01b2569f4a880187a1ee46fe13c6aad6.jpg

I've been researching hair transplants for the last few years and wanted to post some photos to get an idea from some of the posters on these boards as to how many grafts it looks like I'd need. I'm 32 years old and started noticing my hair thinning around 26 years old, but in the past 2 years has really begun to bother me. I'm currently on finasteride adn have been on it for the past 18 months. My hair has seemed to somewhat stabilize.

My hairline has held up somewhat, but I'm pretty close to now having an isolated forelock. My preference is to just add density behind the forelock so I can style my hair in more than one hairstyle. Is it realistic to just add some density to the forelock and connect the mid-scalp to the forelock? How many grafts would I realistically need to add some density. I'd appreciate any information.

sjd12,

You're in pretty good shape.

Probably about 2000 grafts.

Other members will give their opinion which may vary a bit.

Final count after excision/extraction by your surgeon will depend on other factors such as scalp laxity etc.

take care...