Help me choose a FUT surgeon

smneon23

Hello everyone,

I am planning to have a H/T with the FUT method and doctors agree that i will need 1600-2000 grafts.

My final list with the best FUT doctors imo is:

1) Feller

2) Bernstein (many awards and prizes)

3) Hasson & Wong

4) Shapiro

5) Rahal

Can you please help me narrow that list down? Who would you choose for your FUT H/T (assume equal prices) and why?

Thank you in advance

They're all quality.

I chose Dr Hasson. 16 years experience he told me he's been doing this. Video evidence on YouTube & their website. No one else in the world shows as much evidence of before and after.

For hairlines, probably Rahal.

Do more research & go with who you feel will give you what you want within reason.

You can't go wrong with any of them...they are all great...we all have our favorites and on your list mine is Rahal...however, all of them produce consistent results...I would certainly say that Berstein is a pioneer in the field but he is also the least aggressive of the ones you have mentioned.. good luck!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

1) Rahal

2) Ron Shapiro

3) Hasson & Wong

4) Feller

5) Bernstein

I put them in order. Good luck...

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

They are all excellent surgeons you have listed and there is no order or rank of ability. I would personally go with any of them.

They are all good in all areas of transplantation (minor hairline, frontal third, crown etc) with all different types of patients with different ethnicities, hair characteristics and levels of baldness.

But they all have a different philosophical view and approach towards hair restoration.

Bernstein is the most conservative and this is evident from his work, but he is still an excellent surgeon.

In general, younger patients are not attracted to this approach, which I believe is shown by the displayed results on his website; however this could be best for the patient long term.

Ron & Paul Shapiro are very efficient with how they use grafts and get consistently good solid results.

Rahal is consistent and gets some knockout results but he uses more grafts then any of the surgeons above and leaves less in the tank for future loss.

Feller and Hasson&Wong are somewhere in the middle of the above.

A surgeon should be judged on how efficient he is with the finite supply of grafts, getting the most aesthetically pleasing result with the least amount of grafts because any of the surgeons can get knockout results with an increased amount of grafts used.

I wonder how Shapiro or Bernstein results would look if they used as many grafts as Rahal and vice versa.

Have a consultation with all of them.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

"Ron & Paul Shapiro are very efficient with how they use grafts and get consistently good solid results. Rahal is consistent and gets some knockout results but he uses more grafts then any of the surgeons above and leaves less in the tank for future loss. A surgeon should be judged on how efficient he is with the finite supply of grafts, getting the most aesthetically pleasing result with the least amount of grafts because any of the surgeons can get knockout results with an increased amount of grafts used."

I do totally agree with Chrisdave. Im impressed with how efficient is Dr. Ron Shapiro in achieving natural results with less grafts. He was my 2nd choice after Rahal before going for my repair last July.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I think that Dr Rahal's results cover all the ground between the ultra-dense and the more conservative approaches towards surgery. The number of grafts used will always be decided based on a combination of what is needed and what is available, with future needs and demand given careful consideration.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com