Your experiences with strip and meds

Hi guys,

I know there is a vast amount of information on the net but sometimes its nice to hear personal experiences.

What are your experiences with strip?

• How was dealing with the scar? How long did it take to heal up? What did it actually feel like? What did it prevent you from doing and for how long? How long until you forgot about it? How old were you and what norwood level were you?
  • Whats the shortest you can wear your hair, can you get away with a number 2 or 3?
  • How long did you go walking around looking odd, ie long in the back and grafted at the front? At what point does it look like you haven't been headbutting a hedgehog and are just a normal bald guy?
  • Are you happy with it or do you wish you'd just shaved it off and been done with it?

Also, I've been reading so many stories about side effects with Fin and Minox that I'm thoroughly put off, what were your experiences?

• any side effects? what were they like and how long did they last for?
  • did you start pre or post transplant? and at what norwood level and age
  • efficacy
  • if you have stopped meds at any point, how long was it after treatment and what were the results of this?
  • do you wish you hadn't started?

I'm really fearful of being 25 and commencing a hormone altering treatment for a long time and would prefer topicals. I'm usually quite horny and get pretty hard pretty quick for a considerable amount of time and have a feeling this will somehow make me more receptive to the side effects (based on intuition as opposed to solid biochemistry knowledge). I am contemplating trying to make my own super potion containing nutrients, aloe, some anti androgen and some stimulating ingredients if anyone has any experience with this?

I'd also love to hear from anyone who is 25-30 who has had a HT and not taken Fin - what were your experiences? Was it a grave mistake?

I know its a lot of questions but I'm trying to make informed decisions!

Thanks a lot, this place has really been a wealth of information.

Peace

The strip is not actually as it is made out to be when you hear some people saying I don't want a scar! If a quality surgeon does it you won't see it.

You don't see it when the hair is quite long. My side and back is a number 3 and you can't see the scar and it's only 5 months old. It doesn't hurt. Area was sore for about 6 weeks like its bruised, but only when my head was on a pillow. The worst part is having stitches in for two weeks as sleeping is awkward.

Shaving your hair doesn't help your cause or make you forget. It'll always be on your mind that you're balding.

I'm a N5A.

Propecia doesn't seem to affect me, it's been 3.5 years.

Been using regaine foam for 2.5 months

Thanks for taking the time to reply bro. I need these measured real people responses and not internet scaremongering!

How did you conceal your transplant, hat, bandana or did you rock it proud? i pretty much sleep on my belly so that might help me if i do get one!