Vitamin E oinment

At 5 weeks post op I still have considerable amount of redness on one side. I have been perscribed a Zpack incase of an infection. I was wondering if anyone has used vitamin e to treat redness and irritation.

Edited by jleb

Jieb

Thats what I was thinking....good for the antibiotic just in case?? Were you prescribed antibiotics post op? Dr Rahal had me take antibiotics for 10 days post op....just wondering.....

Also, Vit E...Ive read different things on it...I used it for 7 days post op...I think some Drs recommend using it....I also used it a couple of times just to rub in the recipient area before I got in the shower because my head was flaking so bad....turns out the flaking was just scabs falling off...

However, to answer your question,,,if I were you , I would not put anything on the recipient area as it may cause aggravation...just give it a little time...see what happens...sometimes its better to do nothing and after seeing your previous pictures I would just hang tight!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I used vitamin e oil for 2 weeks to soften the scalp and get rid of the scabs. Dr Hasson advised me to use it so I did and it helped. As for any redness, I healed by day 4 post op. I thought that was a small miracle as by day 5 I could've gone back to work if it wasn't for my scar showing as my hair was shaved down to a zero, but there was no redness on the scalp.

I used Vitamin E oil on the scar for about two months after surgery, as advised by Dr Lindsey. Just a small amount, gently rubbed in.

I had a check up with the nurse at my local GP last week to see how the scar looked and she had a job to find it... So Vitamin certainly hasn't done me any harm.