Dr Ivan Cohen

mb123345

In Fairfield CT does excellent work. I had two transplants with him (total cost 6,000). He prefers smaller session of up to 1,000 grafts. I told my PCP doctor the other day I had a transplant ( I was worried about medicine he was giving me might cause my hair to fall out again) and he was amazed and had three other Dr's (who are thinning) come look at me, they actually did not believe it was a transplant until I showed them the scar under my hair in the back of my head. Dr Cohen and his staff are very nice which makes this experience much better.

In Fairfield CT does excellent work. I had two transplants with him (total cost 6,000). He prefers smaller session of up to 1,000 grafts. I told my PCP doctor the other day I had a transplant ( I was worried about medicine he was giving me might cause my hair to fall out again) and he was amazed and had three other Dr's (who are thinning) come look at me, they actually did not believe it was a transplant until I showed them the scar under my hair in the back of my head. Dr Cohen and his staff are very nice which makes this experience much better.

mb123345,

Congrats on your successful HT's. Can you post some pictures?

It sure helps when others can see results from patients who are pleased with a doctor's work, otherwise, we have to take their word for it... and in the anonymous world of the Internet, unfortunately, that often doesn't count for much.

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Mr. T

Mr. T's 8 month post-op photos

I figured I would just add that the Graftcyte and pain medication is included for the price, I had around 1,000 grafts for $6,000. If your having surgery in the NYC area you should check out DR Cohen, he's about a 35 minute ride up I95 from the NY boarder. I was going to have MHR do the procedure in New York and it was almost double the price and they have alot of different surgeons.

mb123345,

It wasn't clear that you were speaking about what you paid in 2000. My comments are based on today's prices.

Today, $6 per graft is far above what most of the top doctors charge for grafts from strip surgery. The average is around $4 per graft. While $6,000 compared to $10,000 might seem cheap, if other doctors were doing it for $4,000, then you overpayed by 50%. That was my point.

Also, I wouldn't use MHR as a barometer... for pricing or HT quality. They seem to be all over the board on quality, therefore, I would never consider them when comparing prices.

Mr. T

Mr. T's 8 month post-op photos

Dr Cohen uses the Follicular Unit hair Transplant. I did alot of research before the HT but had since forgotten exactly what was done. This is why my hairline came out so good. I think the $3 and $4 per graft is for the old style surgery.

NO, I said I THINK the prices may be different, maybe you should try reading. I wouldn't care if I spent $20,000, I received a quality job and I'm more than satisfied, ALOT of times you get what you pay for. I did alot of research before my HT, that was 4 years ago I just didn't keep up on it. $3,000 for 500 Fu's with pain med and the Graftycte seems good to me especially when it's quality work and he does every procedure personally.

that's all he performs. He did mine, my brothers and two other people I know and they all came out perfect. I guess any surgeon can make mistakes but if a certain area of your head won't grow with transplants maybe there is a problem. I don't think Dr Cohen would lie to you as if he was in it for the money (or should I say more money) he could easilly advertise and do more than one procedure at a time. I had my HT almost four years ago, I just found this board and figured I would throw up a post as I (and others) have had good results with him. By the way, how much did you pay and how many grafts did you get?

$6,000 for 1000 grafts is across the board, or an average. From my experiance aleast.

You are forgetting that a graft can be from 1 to 4 hairs. and if you split 4 hairs, then you could be getting 4 grafts instead of 1. I say this on a fixed dollar procedure and not a per graft $$ procedure. I personally paid $5,000 for 800 grafts, which was actually around 1200 grafts if it was split evenly at 2 hairs per graft. It really is hard to define what the best price is, but when it starts going across the board, the question shouldn't be did I save a couple hundred, but rather did I get the best Doctor for my outcome...

That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure if that's how some DR's charged for "grafts". I don't know how this ever changed to money, I honestly wouldn't care if I paid double what I did. Some people are too hung up on prices and with cosmetic surgery that can be a big mistake.