Couple of questions

Firstly, I am booked in for a HT with Dr Path in Bangkok for middle of May, I was just wondering as someone who is around a type 3 on Norwood scale and almost 39 years old. Do you think this is a good time to be getting it done?

I also take 1mg Finpecia daily and use regaine foam and nizoral shampoo. I am just having a panic that I will have HT done and 10 years down the line be back in the same boat!

Another thing, I play football (soccer) regularly - 2 times a week and it is a fairly constant impact sport, how long should I wait to play after HT? Would 3 months be OK?

Thanks in advance!

Barry,

The key is that at Norwood stage 3 and 39 yeras old that your hairloss is being stabilized. Congrats on being on finasteride and the rest of your medicinal regimen and is your loss seem to have stabilized?

If yes, I see no problem with you moving forward as long as your goals are realistic, that you understand the risks as well as the benefits.

Remember my friend that MPB is progressive in nature so yes you may need or want another procedure in your lifetime. There are no guarantees how long the meds will work but that is also a part of understanding and accepting the risks of hair restoration.

You are however putting everything on your side so now it is more of picking a good reputable surgeon.

There are many right here to choose from. Best wishes to you. !:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi, congrats on your upcoming HT.

Most people end up having more than one HT to get the desired look and density that they crave for. So when considering a HT you need to keep in mind regarding future loss and the possibility of further HT's.

Regarding playing footie, clinics vary in answers, most say anywhere from 2 weeks to a month. Best to check with the clinic your having your HT with and ask them what they advise.

Wish you all the best, :)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014