New Intro - Considering HT - My Story

JTMan

Hi everyone. I just found this site. I am in my early 30s and I am at a 5a hair loss level on the scale. I started seeing my hairline receede in my late teens. By mid-20s my MPB hairloss in full swing.

Hair loss is devastating especially at my age. I wear a ball cap whenever I leave the house. I do not go out and socialize much and have low to zero self esteem. Maily cuz this level of hair loss at my age is rare and all my friends have full thick heads of hair.

Both my grandfathers who died in their early 80s had some thinning but no MPB and still had defined hairlines. My father is in his mid-60s and has a full head of hair with no MPB. My brother is 5 years younger than me and he looks like a 1960s John Lennon he has so much hair. This makes it even more devastating for me as I often ask "why me".

Back in the late 90s I went to Bosley in NYC and had a transplant in the front. Results were ok but I'm not happy with them. Natural looking but no thickness at all. Plus I have these two long scars on my head where they took the donor hair!

I did wear hair units from Hair Club for Men and my self esteem went up thru the roof. But they are cumbersome, not natural looking in front, and the maintanence is a pain.

So I'm thinking of another HT but a lot of grafts. Would anyone recommend the surgeon in Ontario, Canada named Rahaul? His pics seem good.

yes, He is excellent and one of several excellent doctors listed on here.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hey JTMan...welcome to this site... it is a very valuable tool in helping to research HT's. Dr. Rahal is one of the best in the world. I had my HT done by him. You can check out my website and write ups to give you an idea of how it works and what to expect. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

If you not already...you should consider taking meds (i.e. Propecia and/or Rogaine) to stablize your hairloss...you should also research a lot on this site to gain knowledge regarding HT's.

Jtman...

To answer your question directly,

You WILL NOT find anyone on this site who doesn't recommend Dr Rahal!!! He is great...You can check out my website as well...I just had surgery with Dr Rahal in January..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

If you haven't already then you can easily set up a consultation with Dr Rahal. Seems like you might be close enough to meet him in person.

It's good that your old transplanted hairline at least looks natural. Why it required 2 scars is beyond me though. Things have really moved on since then.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com