Should I be worried?

I am 28 with some recession in temples. Strong forelock which runs in family. I made a mistake and had a HT 11 months ago. If you can believe it I had a total of 450 grafts (to the "high corners" temporal area) That was it! They were all micrografts (1&2 hairs) I do not want to have more HT's ever. Am I locked in? Will they look natural as I continue to lose hair? Can I buzz head with a 2 guard if I don't mind the scar to make top look more natural? Basically, caan I call it quits here or is it too late? Any help would be great.

left_front.jpg.787f48b40c07b95dd02b198c57956fbf.jpg

I am 28 with some recession in temples. Strong forelock which runs in family. I made a mistake and had a HT 11 months ago. If you can believe it I had a total of 450 grafts (to the "high corners" temporal area) That was it! They were all micrografts (1&2 hairs) I do not want to have more HT's ever. Am I locked in? Will they look natural as I continue to lose hair? Can I buzz head with a 2 guard if I don't mind the scar to make top look more natural? Basically, caan I call it quits here or is it too late? Any help would be great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Am I locked in? Will they look natural as I continue to lose hair?

You are locked in a little bit, in a certain way. What you want to avoid now and in the future is losing a whole lot of hair, otherwise your grafted hair may look like it's floating in the middle of a large bald area.

One way to possibly maintain your hair is with meds like Propecia. I don't want to sound like a cheerleader for Propecia but it is effective and relatively safe in my opinion. If Propecia works for you, it may settle any concerns you have.

You pic doesn't reveal a whole lot, but based on the angle you provided you look fine. Micrografts can be fine in the right doctor's hands. Technically speaking, the state of the art "FU" graft is just a specially prepared type of Micrograft (a microscopically dissected Micrograft that is well-trimmed of excess tissue).

Try to retain your natural hair, because if you can do that you will be ahead of the game. I think you may be worrying unneccessarily.

You don't look like you needed a HT at all. Who did the work?

I always find it very disconcerting when a Doctor does work on a guy who does not need it yet, but rather the doctor needs to fill a chair for the day. Empty chairs make NO MONEY!

This sounds like what may have happened here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I always find it very disconcerting when a Doctor does work on a guy who does not need it yet...

Me too.

I think it stinks, and I wish it would stop!!!

Enough already!!!

It was bosley. What a mistake! I started to recede a little and totally freaked out. They took full advantage of my vulnerablity. I know now that there are doctors who wouldn't have looked at me. I do think that the doctor did OK work as I can't find the grafts, but too early to tell. And now I can't keep my hair as short because of scar. I do not want to have any more work! Do people make more out of the side effects of propecia on these boards? I am concerned with that. Other than that can I maintain what I have from propecia?

According to Merck, Propecia works for about 80 percent of the guys who use it. "Work" can mean anything from slowing hair loss down dramatically to actually getting some regrowth.

Side effects are in the 2 percent range I believe.

Half the guys who get side effects found that they went away as their body adjusted, over several weeks.

If you are unlucky enough to have side effects, there are strategies to work around them, like cutting your dosage in half, and building up slowly, for example.

try http://www.propecia.com/propecia/cns/home.html

Also 5 year results from Propecia