Buzzed Hair

sjones23

Quck question for guys,

If your losing your hair and going bald and decide to Buzz your hair, if it looked decent and looked ok would you bother going down the Route of getting a HT or would you just settle for the Buzz, without knowing what your HT results would be is it a big risk as it might look worse than your buzz cut?

Sorry if its a stupid question just trying to get every possible angle sorted before i make my final decision.

Have a good day

I know people who had fue to create a more solid shaved look and they never plan on growing the hair for more than 7 days. That gives the option of letting the hair grow for a few days and not having to worry about shaving each and every day like they might have to otherwise. In that situation I could see doing the ht even if I looked ok shaved.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

There's no way to really answer this as it's a personal choice. Hair transplantation can look great with long hair as well as short hair, but if you do plan on buzzing down, than FUE would be the way to go. Needless to say if you're happy with how you look with long hair or with a buzz look than you don't need to go for a hair transplant but then again you never have to, it's always a personal choice and what's most important to you.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Its a tricky one as it does look good buzzed but i miss the days of styling my hair too, if i had the HT i wouldnt have the choice to buzz it but im not sure id want to if it looked good longer, This is why im struggling to come up with a decision .

I used to shave it & it looked okay, I always convinced myself or tried to by saying "it looks good" and I don't need a HT etc. It certainly is a personal thing. Got fed up of shaving it and being told I'm bald or going bald. Everyone I know at my age or older have more hair & that upset me. So a HT was the only way to go & I can't wait for the next one! :)

Hey, I'm 31 myself. We're young, not "youngish". :D

It's your personal decision, and like has already been said, you don't need to rush into it. Not everyone likes how they look with a shaved head so the HT option, for them, is a good option for restoring confidence. If you are genuinely happy with your appearance with a shaved head then I don't see any need to do anything. Even treating hairloss with medications might not be worth it if you can really just 'buzz it and forget it'.

This doesn't mean you should definitely not get a transplant. You just have to seriously think about your choices and whether you'll benefit in the ways that really matter, and that those benefits will be large enough to justify it.

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

The meds could stop you becoming a NW6 or at least delay you becoming one. As a NW5A I imagine the hair at the top of the sides of your head is still fairly high, so the meds could stop your balding area expanding. If you do end up opting for HT surgery then the smaller the balding area the better.

Matt,

Yeah thats what i thought but ive heard that you can gain major weight on Fin so im not sure what to do, my hair is very strong on the sides and is quite high, and by the looks of my mid scalp theres not that much ground to cover, i think the most would be the hairline, i still have my crown but it looks like i have a pattern forming

I've never gained any weight on Fin and I don't think this is too common of a problem. You can always quit and drop the weight if you do experience weight gain as a side effect.

It doesn't sound like you're even a fully-formed NW5A pattern yet.

I can only go by the diagrams. The NW5A has less on top than a NW5 but the crown doesn't drop as far down at the back.

male-baldness.gif

You didn't describe your own pattern in full, but you said you still have your crown and don't have much ground to cover, so I wondered if you have even reached a NW5A pattern yet. A NW5A will typically have hairloss forward of the whorl of the crown. Again, this is going by the diagram, and people don't fit perfectly into those Norwood stages.