PPPPost OP Question

No because the rogaine is meant to keep the remainder of your native hair, not the transplanted hairs which will grow normally either way. Continue using is daily as instructed so you don't continue receding further and further back.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I have been using rogaine in the crown for years and have received grafts in the front 3 weeks ago. Today I started applying rogaine in the front as well. Can I discontinue the use of rogaine in the front once growth has initiaded, say 3-4 months from now? Since the new hairs are not programmed to fall out it should not be an issue, right? Thanks

I have been using rogaine in the crown for years and have received grafts in the front 3 weeks ago. Today I started applying rogaine in the front as well. Can I discontinue the use of rogaine in the front once growth has initiaded, say 3-4 months from now? Since the new hairs are not programmed to fall out it should not be an issue, right? Thanks

If you were completely bald in the front then I would say yes...Rogaine would be a waste for that area, however, even if you had any existing hair in the front you really might want to consider staying on rogaine foam or liquid as part of your normal routine..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website