1 Month Post Op Strip Scar Questions (w Pics)

Hi Guys...well I'm one month out and in the dormant stages of my growth. I am fairly happy with everything except the visibility of my strip scar. I was sure that I would be able to hide it with a my hair grown out a bit but that isn't the case. I am having to hide it with concealing which I'm sure isn't best for my healing.

What I noticed is that its not so much the scar but there seems to be a wide space around the scar that has no hair.

Here are some pics and my questions are as follows:

1) Does this look normal for someone 1 month out? I recognize we are all different but just curious about others experience here.

2) What can I do to help the healing process? I have been putting on neosporen almost daily but not sure if that is good or bad.

3) About how long does it take for hair to grow out around the scar?

Thanks everyone for your input there. See my pics.

Steve

5b32d15bbd497_Normalwnoconcealer.jpeg.7a85ca7152cdf96c150426b5df967c21.jpeg

5b32d15bd0003_Scarpic1.jpeg.add246d91ef43f4adaceea945f5ed6e8.jpeg

5b32d15bdfa4c_Scarpic3.jpeg.b464e8274694e19b62f76befc5f132d5.jpeg

5b32d15bef459_Normalwnoconcealer2.jpeg.18f73bbe165e48752450184ad1c44c5e.jpeg

5b32d15c0a0b9_Sideviewofscar.jpeg.0783c68b48403e5a18304089345e4ec1.jpeg

5b32d15c1a900_Scarpic5.jpeg.b269d32be5eba5a2339918fa85b97bbf.jpeg

5b32d15c49379_Normalwnoconcealer4.jpeg.e6e1b897f23a8dbc3c9514d30a69a49f.jpeg

At 1 month post surgery your scar is nowhere near healed and it is very common to see the area around the scar become thinner after surgery for two reasons. One being that when they shave the area they remove, the surgeon does not take every piece of shaved donor there is always a little bit left above and below the sutures so that "thinner" area is simply cut hair which hasn't had much time to grow back yet. Second reason is due to shock loss which can occur because of trauma to the area caused by the scar. The hair will grow back in that area around 3-4 months post surgery, so don't worry this happens to many people it will just take time.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks very much for the response Doctor. Is there anything you would recommend for healing? I heard vitamin E, however Dr. Keene advised that wouldn't be a good idea...something to do with hindering the bodies natural response to healing.

Kind regards,

Steve

I'm just a consultant not a doctor, but thanks haha. I don't recommend using Vitamin E for those exact reasons. There really isn't much that is necessary to do it will heal on it's own, so unless you have an infection or some other problem than just leave it.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

That looks like normal shock loss - quite similar to mine in fact. I am 2 months out and using concealer still but I feel like another few weeks and I won't have to anymore.

Some people use bio-oil. I got some but haven't been very vigilant with it.

Thank you for the validation that this is all normal. I am going to look into that bio oil product. I have also heard that Maderma is a good product. I am definitely going to do some more research on it.