Looking for recommendations for a 2nd HT - specifically for added density

PJ146

I had a HT 12 months ago. The result was good, but not quite great/excellent. After a year of waiting, it is fairly apparent to me that I need to add density pretty much everywhere I had work done. Especially the crown area has not yielded enough hair for my liking.

I would not call this a repair operation, as it was known and explained to me by my doctor even before my operation that I would need a 2nd HT if I wanted my transplanted hair to look as thick as the rest of my hair.

My question is: who are the doctors you think I should consult for my 2nd HT? Who do the best work on adding density in the hairline, the temples, and especially the crown. (My 1st HT was a FUT and I am going for the same with my 2nd one.)

I am guessing I will get a list of the usual suspects, but any detailed information on why some Dr. would be more suited for a 'density adding' 2nd HT is much appreciated.

I know Dr. Bernstein always seems to approach cases in 2 ops. The second being an "Added density" procedure. I also think SMG would be great for this kind of thing.

What density was your crown transplanted (Grafts per sq cm)?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Perhaps I'm biased but I would def get an online consult with Dr. Rahal...you can check out my write up to help get more info. He does great dense hairlines and overall great coverage in other areas. Go research him and see his results and you will see what I mean.

Also...you can check out Hasson and Wong as they are great as well...check their results as well!

It is common to need a second procedure in a transplanted area that started with very little or no hair to achieve better density. The crown area is generally the hardest area to get the "thick look" because the hairs are usually all spreading out in different directions and there is not much of a fall over effect like there often is in the mid scalp and frontal areas.

I think it would be common sence, to return to the one who did good work for you 1 time already - that is what I would do anyway.

Yes, of course, and I am not ruling that option out. There's just a number of things why I would like to explore other alternatives - one of them being my tendency to mix things up. Also, my doctor is not one of the more prominent names in the business, so in order to sort of have that peace of mind that I've done 'everything' I can to restore my hair as well as possible, I would like to go to a top doc. Not that it's absolutely necessary, but still. I just wanted to hear some opinions.

Thank you all for your recommendations. I will look into all of them.

The quality of the work is the most important thing, not how well known the doctor is.

I could not agree more Dr. Charles. A HT can be an emotional decision and while I think forums such as this are a fantastic way to do research and get information, at times it can feel like a popularity contest. I get worried that people will make an emotional decision based on who seems to have the most posts recently or who has posted the lasted "wow" result. There are a lot of very high quality surgeons around who get very little attention on the forum day in and day out. I always hope that people look and research hard, coming to their own decision based on their own research.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1