Physiology or x-factor

I am contemplating a second surgery after 11 years. I had my first with Dr. Limmer, about a 1000 grafts. My question is if my grafts grew in well can I assume that my physiology is well suited for a second successful outcome with another doctor(a top doctor). If Dr. reps can chime in that would be helpful.

Anouar,

I agree with Bill. However, you need to be aware (for the average person) that the older you get, the thinner your donor reserves become. And there is a possibility that your transplanted grafts, may not grow as fast as when you were younger, though this is not an "x" factor.

take care...

why would my donor reserve thin out? Ive been on proscar for over ten years and my donor looks just as thick. My question about physiology is a concern because most patients who get less then optimal results are left wondering is it the docs fault or is me. if i was able on the first ht to get full growth there is no reason why i couldn't achieve good growth on a second procedure with a good doc.

"If Dr. reps can chime in that would be helpful."

I would think all Dr. reps would answer "yes" to that question, lol. I have not heard that your donor hair thins out as you age, although I suppose it's possible. what NW are you?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

why would my donor reserve thin out? Ive been on proscar for over ten years and my donor looks just as thick.

On average the rate of differentiation diminishes for all tissue with age. This is a separate issue from the consumption of finasteride.

take care...

I have not heard that your donor hair thins out as you age

Often men in their lates 70's or 80's will note the volume of their donor hair will diminish. But, the actual number of hair can remain relatively unchanged.

Bascially, the hairs diminish in caliber...becoming finer as you grow old.

Jessica

Jessica

HT Coordinator

Limmer HTC

Dr. Brad Limmer is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians