6 Days Post OP

jleb

I'm 6 days post op from a 2,200 procedure. The recovery is not as bad as I expected. Although, I'm still tender in the donor site I'm going to test the gym out tomorrow for a light work out. Some scabbing has flaked off but I have a few clumps still left. It's really going to be depressing to see these little hairs shed in 2-3 weeks. Trying to remain positive but the next few months are going to suck.

Going to do light cardio and some light isolated movements. If I feel any type of strain I can delay weight lifting. Do you guys feel the 1 month you're pretty good to go full force or close to it?

When do you guys suggest it's safe to return to the gym without having to worry. My feeling on the whole gym issue, is even if the scar did stretch it's really never going to visible to anyone because of my existing hair covering the area. But I do want to play it safe.

My doctor suggested to absolutely avoid playing sports, going to gym, arduous physical work for 14 days. Then to build up slowly. I think its best to avoid heavy stuff for few months. Even if your scar is covered by your existing hair, you would love to have a pencil thin scar. You can regain you body shape later but if your scar is stretched once it will be there for the rest of your life unless you go for scar repair.

you can check the following thread regarding post op exercise

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160044-post-op-exercise.html

I think you will be safe to do cardio after two weeks...I wouldn't lift ANY weights for 1 month..then from month 1-3 I would do high rep, low weight..after month 3 I would start back my normal routine!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks guys for your post. I agree with your both, I'm used to pushing the envelope a bit, but will refrain for another week and start with a little cardio on day 14. I think a month is a good start time to resume high rep workouts.