2500 grafts FUT, but confused and worried...

ran007

I am 36 yrs. male with class VII baldness. I have done my hair transplantation (FUT) from Kolkata on 14.12.2011.Before surgery, I requested my doctor to cut the strip from little lower region of the permanent hairline but he didn't do so. Now, I am not sure whether the transplanted hairs are permanent or not. After viewing the donor region please, let me know whether the transplanted hairs are permanent or will be disappeared in few years. I was adviced for shampooing with baby shampoo on alternative day for 3 months and nizoral 2% once in a week and also advised for following medications at least for three months :

1. Vitamin cap. (Folic Acid, EPA, DHA, zinc, grape seed ext. 150mg. etc.)

2. calcium with vit. D3 Tab.

3. Iron with Folic Acid Capsules.

4. Finasteride 1mg tabs. (1 tab. on alternative day).

5. Minoxidil 5%.

Is everything all right or may be something else to do? please advice, I am very much worried.

before_ht_1.JPG.fd8c3737685c6e933475c30373c60d47.JPG

before_ht_2.JPG.54434f6461e14beb1779a68579b35081.JPG

After_Transplant_1.jpg.12d048a494fb07d93142b30cc623ecbd.jpg

After_Transplant_2.jpg.d2407e71e5fcc582f07878bfa5844ae1.jpg

Donor1.jpg.d95dbc07168eb750f2bf3819a4c4242c.jpg

Donor2.jpg.00dbc5c5fd286a08caf007ed53ff6cad.jpg

Hi

My reply to you will proberbly make you worry less about some things but unfortinatly may make you more aware of other issues .

I feel maybe you didn't do much research about hair transplants and failed to find out what can be achieved with a world class hair transplant surgeon .

You donor looks , from your photograph , to be taken from the opcipital bumb , this is usually accepted where the exsisiting hair will least likely be affected by dht , this means your grafts will proberbly grow and won't fall out in years to come . I can see that your scar is rough and a bit wide , but atleast it has healed for you .

However you are deffinatly a norwood 7 which , as a rule of thumb for graft count needs atleast 7000 grafts to provide coverage on such a large area , unfortinatly , the 2500 grafts you have had implanted will not provide such coverage , maybe only giving you a few spaced apart grafts all over your scalp , basically you're 4500 grafts minimun short of full coverage .

The grafts have been placed in a very uniformed lined up type way ,and unfortinatly this will exagerate the sparce placement , also I noticed from your photographs that the grafts have also been implanted straight up , this will not follow the natural orientation of any exsisiting hairs , again this may exagerate the lined up , sparce placement , this will not really compliment your hair transplant .

Also there looks to be a number of multy hair grafts right up to your hairline , this will look "pluggy" and not natural .

I'm very sorry for being this honest , I feel rotten , but you have asked for opinions and I'm a veteran of two HT's now with one of the worlds best hair transplant surgeons , and I know what looks natural and what doesn't .

Basically your transplanted hair growing back is the least your issues , it will proberbly grow just fine , however it will be sparce , thin , look unatural and pluggy and you may have to use some type of concealer to help your look .

Carry on with the meds , and just wash it normaly now .

Oh and don't ever be tempted to go back to this clown doctor again , for your own sake .

Good luck

Richie

Edited by richie48

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Sorry to say but I agree with everything Ritchie said.

That being said, don't panic. For the big hair transplant surgeons, repair work is a large percentage of their business - they are very familiar with cases where hair transplant results were not ideal and may be able to help you to repair any issues which arise.

At least you are now here on this forum where you can find out about them and their work.

Good luck with the growth, and keep us updated!

Cheers england

This is a photo taken of my own transplant by Dr Feller , these hairs are mostly grafts with some of my exsisiting hair growing through , it was taken 13 days post op , hardly any scabs , very little redness , single hairs implanted up to 1cm into my hairline with only two's after that and with the correct orientation to my exsisting hairs .

DSC03915.jpg

I hope this helps you understand where I am comming from , sorry bud .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

ran007, You also have a very large-looking scab in your frontal area that you should get checked out. We have seen a few cases of necrosis on here....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks for your immediate reaction though am shocked. I should have taken your advice before HT. Please give me advice how to overcome such situation when hair will come out and now should I stop baby shampoo on alternative day? May I use Nizoral 2% once in a week? And other valuable advices. I am now 6 weeks post operative stage. Thanks.

Richie & hairthere here is my present photographs (6 weeks after HT). 15-20 days of HT all scab came out. Few scabs came out with one or two transplanted hair(without root). Is it normal? After 1 month the transplanted hairs stated to fall out and now almost 95% hair has been shaded. Now, i have some questions, please reply :

1. Is Falling transplanted hairs (without root) with scab normal?

2. Almost 95% of hair has been shaded, will new hair come back again? if so when?

3. Doctor advised to use baby shampoo on alternative day and Nizoral 2% once in a week for 3 months, should I continue?

4. Any other valuable advices ?

Please Help!!!

IMG_2460.jpg.507593dba6ee21d43a5ed8258df812be.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg.de228d2e9614bc5f227fb93d831883da.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg.aed1dccd83251dec98342fb49cbd74d0.jpg

Ran

Try not to panic , that won't help , from you new photos , you look to be in much better shape now and have healed ok .

You grafts will proberbly grow fine , but you will find 2500 grafts doesn't cover enough and you may want to have another hair transplant in years to come .

I would just wash your scalp as normal now and as long as the nizoral shampoo doesn't irritate your scalp , then it shouldn't do any harm , still with taking 1mg finasteride every day .

Your new grafts will start to grow after approximatly 3- 4 months after shedding and will continue to mature for upto 12 -18 months , after that you are all done .

I hope that helps you not to worry bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007