Planning an HT, please help:)

Hi all,

I had an HT in 2007. It was 2000 grafts and cost me 10000 euro. I hadn't done much research and I don't even know if it was FUE or FUT. All I know is that it's beginning to look bad. I'm probably what you would call a class 3 patient.

I was about to set up an HT with Armani when I stumbled across this forum. Needless to say I got worried about my choice of doctor.

They only perform FUE's and it would cost me 17500 $ for 3500 grafts.

Reading this forum I began to wonder if I should find a new doctor since everybody was talking badly about Armani. And many people suggest that you get far better results with FUT rather than FUE. Is that true?

Would you guys choose another doctor than Armani? If not, would you say that the price I'm paying is fair? I'm asking because I never see anyone posting any prices of their ops.

I'm all new to this forum, so I would appreciate any help and guidance from all you oracles:)

Best of luck,

Niklas

Hello Nik, welcome to the forum.

Do you have any pictures of how your hair looks at the moment?]

It is always helpful to see what position your hair is currently in, so forum members/Doctors can give you more feedback.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Nik,

The quoted price in US Dollars is about 22,000. That's a chunk of change.

Although most of the surgeons do not list their prices, they will do so if you request an online consult. That is how I started my "journey".

Use this site's Online Consult form to send pictures, along with your desired result, and desired procedure to multiple clinics in the preferred geographic area.

Also, there are many clinic reps here (Spex, Jotronic, and others) who will give you unbiased help!

First off, Armani is way over priced. Second, he is not that good. Third, with your level of hairloss, strip would likely be the better way to go which is far cheaper. More expensive does not equal a better doc in this business. Since you are from Denmark, I strongly suggest that you check out Dr. Devroye in Belgium.

Good Luck

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I do agree that strip would be better than fue for your current hairloss.

In Belgium, the recommended surgeons are Dr Bisanga,Dr Devroye and Dr Feriduni.

I know some people recommend Dr Muamba but i don't know much about him.

If travelling is not issue for you, then you would need to consider USA and Canada also.

Armani is a lot more sinister, if you can see through his flashy marketing.

Do some online searches.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks for all your comments.

I don't mind travelling to the states or Canada, I just really want what's best. Besides, Belgium is kinda boring, and I wouldn't mind making a trip out of it:)

So far I've read nothing but good things about Rahal. Is he the best there is? His prices seem reasonable compared to Armani, but then again, I guess his prices would be higher with FUE, too.

But you guys recommend FUT in my case, even if I have the money for FUE? Is the scaring bad?

I highly suggest reviewing our recommended hair restoration physicians.

Let me know if you have any questions!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks, I'll make sure to look into the various doctors. However, I find it difficult to make up my mind based on pictures. I thought Armani's pictures were awesome, and apparently they're not really representative for all their work.

I agree that it's difficult to decide based on the pictures only, and naturally the doctors mainly post the best results, so it's also imortant that they have many cases to show.

There are many good doctors on the list but it could be a good starting point to look at those that are most often on people's favorite list.

These include Arocha, Feller, Bernstein, Shapiro, Umar, Hassan, Wong, Feller, Konior and Rahal in America and Feriduni, Besinga, Devroye in Europe.

To make a trip out of it you also have Koray and Keser that are good in Turkey for FUE, Pathomvanic or Pong in Thailand for FUT or Madhu in India.

BaldWhisky,

Thanks for thinking of Dr. Arocha!

And nik26, you have come to the right place in terms of getting advice regarding a hair transplant. This forum is a wealth of information. Good luck as you conduct your research!

~Kira

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Looking through lots of "real" pictures, I no longer believe I can get hair like George Michael in the 80's:P But I would like to know Why FUT would be best in my case. I realize I don't have alot of hair. Is it because density will be lower with FUE or just that it will be too expensive compared to FUT. The scars from FUT look pretty nasty in some cases if you ask me. I must have gotten FUE back when I got my HT 'cause I don't have a scar just some thinning where they got hair.

Do all the doctors, BaldWhisky mentioned, perform FUE?

And again, thanks everybody for helping me out. This place is awesome:)

Not all the doctors I mentioned perform FUE.

For the pros and cons for FUE vs FUT I strongly urge you to do your research and reading old posts on this forum is a good start.

In general people with a low NW are the best candidates for FUE and higher for FUT. That’s because FUT will give you availability to more donor grafts and the survival rate of the grafts is higher. “Everyone” wants FUE, me included. But after doing more research I found FUT to be the best option, being an NW5.

Disadvantage of FUT is the scar or course, and just the more important to chose a top doctors. If you do that, the scar will in most cases be close to invisible unless you shave your head.

Hi Nik26,

Baldwhisky has some good advice when it comes to FUE vs. FUT. Both methods are great tools to use toward accomplishing your hair transformation goals. There are pros and cons to each method. I have included a link to an article that Dr. Arocha recently wrote regarding FUE and FUT. Since he is the expert, I encourage you to read it.

Which is better FUE or FUT? - 22-Dec-11: Houston Hair Transplant, Houston Hair Restoration article: contact Bernard Arocha

In addition, I also added a thread depicting photos of FUT donor scars yesterday on the forum. You can also view the complete album here.

Photos - Donor Scars on Houston Hair Transplant, Houston Hair Restoration for Arocha Hair Restoration in Houston Texas US

Happy Friday,

~Kira

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha. Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.