Dr. Leonard, Dr. Rassman, Dr. True OR Bosley - Where to go in Boston ?? Any new insights ?

SAK

Hi,

I am a new member and I am doing my research on my very first HT. I live in Boston and would request you to please advice which surgeon and place to checkout ?

There is Bosley, Hairloss Doctors (Dr. Rassman) or hairDr (Dr. Leonard). If there is anyone else on the list that I am missing out, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hi,

I am a new member and I am doing my research on my very first HT. I live in Boston and would request you to please advice which surgeon and place to checkout ?

There is Bosley, Hairloss Doctors (Dr. Rassman) or hairDr (Dr. Leonard). If there is anyone else on the list that I am missing out, please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hello and welcome SAK.

If you go to the main page of this site, at http://www.HairTransplantNetwork.com, you will find a list of recommended surgeons. You can also do a search by geographical area.

In additional, if you do a search against the names of those surgeons through the threads of this forum, you will find comments from others who have used them. You will soon see a consensus view about the first name you mentioned.

Finally, look at the blogs at http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog. These show blogs by those who have been treated by recommended surgeons.

Good luck and keep researching!

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Dear Acrobaz,

Many thanks for your response. My search on these forums only yields discussions which are older than 18 months (from late 2007 - 08).

I justed wanted to check if there is any subsequent discussions and opinions for Boston area surgeons.

Many thanks,

Don't go to Bosley, Never heard of Leonard, and Rassman usually charges 2X the normal fee, due to his schedule? Weird. Never been impressed with his work (i.e. Joe Penny repair so-so) If you want to travel no more than city limits for your lifetime appearance, just shave it! Better than a bad hair job.

Thanks you Leeson,

Your feedback is appreciated. It looks like I will have to move out of city limits as my search to find out any worthwhile options locally as yielded no positive results.

So, what would be your recommendations to have a look of lifetime given that New England and MA do not offer that - and city limits are not a concern.

Many thanks,

SAK, I am in the UK, but was in wonderful Boston, one of my favourite cities, only 10 days ago for a Valentines trip with my other half. I won't tell you where I live over here, but suffice to say that if I had stayed within my local 'city' limits my hair would have been done by someone more used to shearing sheep!

My own HT research over two years led me to Dr Feller in Queens, NYC. I only had the procedure a few days ago. It was a simple trip from Boston - quick breakfast at the South Street diner (I always pay a visit), then Amtrak/Acela from Boston South Station to NY Penn Station (about 3.5 hours total and 100 dollars each way), then out on the LIRR to Bayside (7 dollars) and a 15 minute walk to the hotels near his clinic in Great Neck. No sweat.

I have no direct experience of the other surgeons you mention, but the brothers speak the truth! Leeson's recommendations are all world class. It's your choice of course, but as things stand I am a very satisfied Feller customer. He's competitive in terms of price. Plus the really important stuff ... Experience? Check. Knowledge? Check. Prepared to tell you how he sees it even if it means no HT for you? Check. Track record of great results? Check. Passion for the job rather than the dough? Check. Good bedside manner? Check.

Just try the alternatives first ... buzzing, meds etc. Take your time and do your research. Best of luck mate!

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Thank you Acrobaz,

You are right - I have found tons of information on this site. I was rushing in to my HT but I have decided to give it some time and do more research. Meanwhile, instead of shaving off, I will try Toppik and party icon_smile.gif