Widening part on a diffuse thinner? Need Confirmation, please help.

Hello again everyone, about a month ago during an very bad episode of depression I created a topic here where I asked for some help on confirming my hair loss. I got some mixed responses, but the overall tone seemed to be that I am most likely in the early stages of diffuse hair loss. I really appreciated the compassion shown by a lot of the members of this board and I while I know OCD/BDD cases such as myself are probably annoying to some members here I just need some confirmation one last time on a bunch of my photos. I promise I won't bother anyone else or make excessive posts here again after this. I just really do not know where else to turn, in fact I really don't have anywhere else to turn. My talk therapist refuses to even "humor me" anymore with my hair concerns because its becoming "counter-productive", My parents tell me I am crazy and what I see in the mirror is not a accurate portrayal of reality (I don't think photos really lie though), even my current derm won't prescribe me propecia until I get some of my mental issues worked out and find an SSRI which works in combination with my Effexor to keep me on an even keel. I want to change my derm and talk therapist but unfortunately am bound to them by my crappy insurance plan. Forums like these are the only place where I seem to get honest input. So if anyone could take the time out of there day to just skim through my album and give me an honest assessment I would greatly appreciate it. All photos were taken with dry hair and maybe slight 'bed head' and pulled with two combs to show my widening part. About half of the photos were taken in my brightly lit bathroom and the others were taken outside in slightly overcast to occasionally sunny weather.

http://s1075.photobucket.com/albums/w432/BrandonInToronto2/

Thanks again.

Edited by BrandonInToronto

Hey Brandon your hair looks pretty solid to me. I guess your part could be a little "tighter" but that could just be how your hair grows. Since you seeem to be very concerned with it I would suggest you make an appoitment and talk to a reputable hair restoration clinic and they can see if there is any miniturization occurring and give you a solid professional opinion based on what they see and your family history. You didn't mention your age but unless you are under the age of 18, I see no reason why you couldn't start propecia if you were in fact starting to thin.

Just relax, take a deep breath and remember this isn't an emergency! Go see one of the doc's listed on this site and get a professional opinion. We are all concerned with hair loss so you are not bothering anybody at all.

Good luck.

Looks good to me. It's possible down the road you could go bald, but it appears that could be years away. If you have some minor thinning I suggest getting a really good skilled hair dresser to possibly change your style to bring out your best. So many posters on this forum would die to have hair like yours. Relax, get on Propecia when you first start to see any more thinning.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks for the help guys. I want to make an appointment for a miniaturization test but there is no way my insurance would cover cosmetic dr visits like that so it will take me some time to save up enough cash to pay for a consultation upfront. I posted this in the original topic I made last month but I also don't really know my family history of hair loss so I am basically going into all this blind. I have lived with my adoptive parents since I left foster care when I was 8 years old. I haven't seen my parents since I was about 6 and have never met my biological grandparents.

I'm 19 btw, so my age isn't the problem using with propecia. The problem is my own fault, my derm knows I have a history of BDD as over the years I have embarrassingly come in for a lot body image related issues that "aren't really there" such wanting accutane for my admittedly very mild acne, mole and skin tag removal on ones that are hardly visible, laser hair removal for hair in normal places and multiple times for feared hair loss. I assume they don't even take me seriously at all anymore and just think I'm a basket case, but I wish he would do a miniaturization test just to let me know for sure. I've read even Hair Transplant Doctors dread working on patients such as myself because of our mental expectations =(

Hair loss and MPB are enough of an anguish on there own, OCD and BDD just make it absolutely unbearable at times =(

Lots of clinics will see you for free although by your own admission you may be overreacting just a tad. The fact that you openly admit that you have some issues with your body image leads me to believe that you must feel that your fears are probably overblown. The clinics that do charge for a consultation usually charge around $100. If it puts your mind at ease I'm sure the $100 will be well worth it.

I'm 19 btw

One thing about your age is you are so young that I predict huge strides will be made in the hair transplant field by the time you are in your mid thirties and possibly losing more hair.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Your hair is excellent man! In fact you are very lucky because lots of people on Anti Depressents do experience hair loss. How good are the genetics in your family?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Your hair is excellent man! In fact you are very lucky because lots of people on Anti Depressents do experience hair loss. How good are the genetics in your family?

I honestly wish every single day of my life that I knew...don't really know my family history of hair loss (or much else for that matter) so I am basically going into all this blind. I have lived with my adoptive parents since I left foster care when I was 8 years old. I haven't seen my parents since I was about 6 and have never met my biological grandparents. I don't even have any photos...