Redness Post HT...how to conceal it???!!!

Hey everyone!

Quick question...I am about 1.5 months out from my FUT HT with Dr. Rahal. All is going well as my recipient hair is sloooowly growing back however still not enough to really cover my frontal third where I had my surgery. My corners are still redish and you can see the hairline line that was implanted still. With that said, I tried the other day to use Toppik and experiment with trying to see if I could cover up my frontal third somewhat decent enough to go out without a hat...but it just looked too fake mainly because the corners are red and there is no real hair to hold onto the Toppik.

So with that said, what can (if anything) be done about the redness in order to potentially cover it up...I am looking to try to conceal it a little so it is not noticeable. Is Dermatch the solution? To get a skin tone color? I have never used it before so not sure how it really works...any advice you HT vets can give would be great. I would love to leave the house without my hat one of these days!!! How does everyone else do it??! Thanks!!!

Cap, When I had my strip megasessions I always went with a hat. The temple point work I was able to conceal because my hair was very long. Unfortunately I'm not sure what other options you might have. I would not think Dermatch would look so hot on it. It really works best when you have existing hair. The only suggestion I have is to apply vitamin e, ditsilled witch hazel, or emu oil to try and reduce the redness. Sorry I don't have a better answer.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I have had some patients put sun block on the transplanted area and go to tanning salon to make the rest of the facial skin redder so the two areas would blend together. Others have tried some cover up make up products with some success.

Dermatch is a "God send" and have gotten me through 4 ht's without anyone noticing!

Just be sure it is used at the correct post op period

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

MrJobi: When did you apply it...(at what stage of the HT-how many months in). is Dermmatch basically like makeup? How do u apply it...with a brush? You use it on the recipient area and/or donor area? I am looking to try to cover up the redness on my recipient area.