Richie48/Dr Feller /uk patient /round 2 /another 2100 grafts

richie48

Hi all

I recently had round 2 with Dr Feller in New York , and got another 2100 grafts .

I initially wanted to tweak the front , maybe even lower the temples , however after I spoke to Dr Feller and showed him my pics and let him examine my hair , the Doc decided it would be better to hit the center of the right side crown again and the front temples , without lowering the hairline , as I have a strong and still defined adult hairline of original hair , this made perfect sence .

I was ok with the crown , but after what Dr feller explained to me , his way made more sence , the Doc suggested a four part approach ........

First , included placing further grafts nearer the center of the crown swirl , more on the right side .

Second , the larger thinning area right side temple .

Third , the smaller area of thinning above my left side temple .

And then with any remaining grafts , work down my natural parting , as unfortinatly for me the right side of my head has always been slightly thinner than my left side and this is made to look worse by being the side my hair naturally parts on .

What the Doc suggested was to maximise the use of my harvested grafts and to compliment my first ht and my original and now stable hair .

I don't have the exact graft count (we got approximatly 2100 again ) or break down of , 1s,2s,3s,4s , but Dr Feller explained to me that only 1s where used within the first cm of hairline for the most natural soft look .

Before HT2

DSC03536-1.jpgDSC03337-1-1.jpg

The night of HT2

DSC03818-1.jpg

Three days post HT2

DSC03833-1.jpg

Scar 7 days post HT2

DSC03874-1.jpg

I had no real swellling , some on the rear of my head and I notice some bruising on the right side , eye level , when i shaved my head yesterday .

I have included my original hair blog below

Hair Restoration Site for richie48

I hope this helps guys looking into have this type of surgery .

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

That's about the amount of grafts I had done in my last surgery. I was shocked when I saw how much area Dr. F was able to cover. Looks like he really delivered for you too Richie. Good growing!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Thanks guys

I'm 11 days post op now and have seen no shockloss at all , still early days , but I do remember not really noticing any shockloss in 2007 with HT1 .

My redness seems to have calmed down alot quicker than HT1 also , even my girl noticed that too , you wouldn't really notice the slight redness now , and even with my head shaved to a number 3 grade , it just looks like slightly irritated skin , similar to psoriasis .

This can just be seen in the last shaven head pic above , very happy with how quickly my healing is going , it seems quicker than last time to be honest and this is from looking at older pics to judge both HTs side by side .

I have just chilled out , no gym , just long walks ,I don't drink alchohol or smoke anyway , I am just drinking lots of water and washing with normal shampoo everyday .

I am taking 0.8mgs of finasteride daily and a hair and nail vitamin to help the speed of my hair growth , I am using no creams or anything else , just water ,vitamins and nature .

My girl and I shall be taking to staples out tomorow or saturday ourselves , soak in the bath then head on a towel and grit your teeth ! hahahaha

richie

Edited by richie48

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Best of luck with the second transplant Richie , keep us all posted.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.