Graft Counting!

Hi All,

I have my HT coming up in couple of months , was due to have it last year but due to unforseen circumstances could not go through it. :mad:

The question i had was i will be hopefully getting a high number grafts 3000 plus, how do the assistants/dr establish count the number of grafts, they surely dont extract and count every graft that is taken from the strip or do they ?

Just curious to know how they count the numbers of grafts taken from a patient, and how would you know if you are receiving the amount of grafts you are supposed be receiving and paying for!!! :confused:

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks

Az

The technicians usually count the grafts as they are dissected from the strip and separate these numbers into groups of singles, doubles, triples, etc. This in turn lets the doctor know how many incisions to make. Simple as that.

*edit* I missed the part about how you know. Some doctors will have you count along with them as they are making incisions. Others will have a counter that you click while incisions are made. Sometimes though you do have to simply trust the doctor as that is part of the whole decision making process.

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi, im sure more people will pitch in an give a more detailed account. When the Dr checks the density of your donar area they will take a strip long enough to cover the work required in that session. It wont be till they take the strip away and cut down the grafts that they will know exactly what was harvested.

The reputable clinics out there will be able to give you a full breakdown of the grafts taken and whether they were 1,2, or multiple hairs on each graft.

As for how do you know whether your getting what you paid for, comes down to trust on your half and integrity on the behalf of the clinic you are having the HT with. Most of the good guys out there end of giving more than you actually paid for:)

Hope this helps, best of luck with your op :)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I agree with NHP...trust is HUGE in having a HT...the counting of the grafts is nominal when it comes to trusting your doctor...his reputation and results are the most important trust you will need! If you go with a reputable doctor you will not have to worry about graft count.