How long for shedding?

Barry1108

Hi,

I have been using regaine foam for about 4/5 months and have been taking propecia for about 2 months, I also use Nizoral shampoo.

I have noticed over the last 4/6 weeks that I have been shedding everyday, I notice it when putting the regaine foam on as the hairs stick to my hands after I have rubbed the foam into my head. I presume it is a shed through using regaine and propecia - from reading posts on here I am hoping that the shedding is a positive thing but how long should I expect it to last for?

I am a bit worried at how much hair I will lose through the shedding.

Thanks for your advice.

Hello Barry, welcome to the forum.

I think the shedding you are seeing is more to do with Propecia now more than the foam. I have just started using the foam a few days ago so can't comment as I haven't shedded as yet. With propecia, I shedded a little for a couple of months and its normal as most will tell you, so I don't think you should be too worried. The combination of the two will naturally cause more shedding at the beginning. Carry on & things should go back to normal in the next month or two. Good luck!

Hi Barry, welcome. How long have you been using Nizoral shampoo for? It's not uncommon to get a shed on Nizoral shampoo as well. I agree with Dutch it's probably the propecia, if you have been on rogaine 6 months it prob isn't that. Try not to worry about the shed to much, it's a good thing and normally indicates it's working :)

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Barry

Just because you have hairs on your hand after applying the rogaine foam does not mean you are shedding...its totally normal to see hair on your fingers after rubbing in rogiane..doesnt necessarily classify as a shed..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Hi, thanks for the responses - I have been using Nizoral for approximately 2 months too. If it is not a shed with the rogaine then what is it? I have about 5 or 6 hairs on my hand after every application of the foam, will this stop as I am starting to really notice the lost hairs?