thicker hair

Unfortunately, it is more difficult to make patients with finer hair types look like they have thick hair. Generally, it just takes more work and more grafts to give that appearence compared to patients with coarser hair types.

Dr Charles

Is it possible to have fine coarse hair?? Or is all coarse hair fairly thick?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Generally wavy, coarse hair tends to be ideal as it allows for maximum coverage. I also heard another "term" or concept from the sugical assistant during my last procedure. He mentioned " thank your parents, your follicles grow in opposite ways." As I was a bit drowsy from the meds I cannot remember exactly but does this sound familiar?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I would recommend a volumizing shampoo like the one from American Crew. It thickens up the shafts and works very well with my fine hair. Another option is a leave-in volumizing mousse if you use product to style your hair.

The nice thing about volumizing shampoos on fine hair, is that, because we have more hairs on our heads compared to those with coarser hair; there are more shafts to be thickened and it ends up being quite noticeable. You get the added benefit of a thicker crown as well.

And the final option would be a concealer like Topik. This is more invasive, but if you haven't heard about it I figure I might as well mention it.