25 year old looking to thicken his hairline.

mdhugh2

I keep a pretty low grade haircut, usually 1 1/2 against the grain. So my thinning hairline isn't noticeable unless I don't get a haircut for about two weeks or longer. I have what many would consider a "good head of hair" left but I am noticing where hairline is thinning, the odd part is it's much more thin on the left side (my right). If you look very closely, there are very fine hairs still there which leads me to believe some hair can still be regrown while there's still time. I'm thinking about using a combination of biotin, minoxidil, and nizoral shampoo? Has anybody had success using these products at all and which would you recommend I dont really wanna go the route of using pills, the sexual side effects turn me off all together, and I'm no where near needing a hair transplant.

Hey Mdhuhg2- I have used Minox for a while now and I noticed a lot of regrwoth and thickening from Minox. Check out my forum - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/156479-minoxidil-temples.html

I have also started Fin for the last 3 months and I have noticed a lot more regrowth! I understand the initial worriness about the Fin side effects, but in my personal opinion it has been worth it. Even though I think it caused an outbreak for me, there is no guarantee it was from that. I am waiting for it to cool down before I take more as I am on a course of antibiotics, however I have not experienced any negative side effects in terms of my libido or ED.

Good luck with growth!

12/2017 - 3500 Grafts- Dr. Emrah Cinik

Follow my progress:

mdhugh2,

I agree that you've got a good chance of saving much of your existing hair by starting meds now.. In my opinion, the best regimen is the "Big Three": Propecia, Rogaine and Nizoral.

Like lukeyb, I also experienced a severe breakout that I can only attribute to finasteride even though three doctors told me this is not the case. I quit it a few months ago on my wife's urging (we are planning for a child) and my skin has cleared dramatically. However, if it was the fin then I'm sure this is very rare as I've not heard anyone else complain about it.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

The Rogaine could thicken up those fine (miniaturizing) hairs, but might also lead to re-growth even beyond those hairs you can still see. It's by no means certain that you'll reverse the process at all, though, and you main aim should be to stop any more hair from being lost - and Propecia is the best treatment for the job.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com