Opinions wanted re: Dr. Stephen Mulholland

Munro

Hello all,

I reside in Toronto, ON Canada and am new to the forum. I have been looking into getting a HT the last couple of months and am seriously considering going in for a consultation with Dr. Stephen Mulholland. The reason why I am considering this doctor is that he offers FUE (am not interested in getting the strip method) and I've seen some of the work he has done on Breakfast Television and Etalk - not to mention that he's been in the business a while. I know that HT's are not his main gig and that's why I'm soliciting feedback. I haven't been able to find much reviews on-line (other than his own - lol) and was hoping my fellow hair loss sufferers will be able to help me out!! :D Please provide me with your honest feedback and kindly recommend another HT doctor should Dr. Mulholland fail to meet your standards. Thanks!!

Munro,

Welcome! I've not heard of Dr. Mulholland so I cannot comment on his skill and experience. However, I suggest viewing our list of prescreened, quality hair restoration physicians here for more options. I know that Dr. Rahal began offering FUE this past year and has been getting excellent results.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey Munro, I also live in GTA and considered BRIEFLY Mulholland. I watched the videos and the hype about Neograft because I didnt want a scar either. When they finally called back to say my consultation would be over 100$ I declined. By then I had also done more research - found great reviews on him as a cosmetic surgeon but nothing on his hair transplants. I would say another one who tried to use Neograft as a quick way to boost his bottom line by suddenly getting into hair transplant the easy way. I met a similar doctor in the GTA who does it on the side with the Neograft - only 60 HTs done....over the last 2 years, and he's considering getting the ARTAS because he's not happy with the results he's getting with Neograft. So, in my opinion, if its not too late, avoid doctors that are adding HT to their arsenal of other cosmetic surgeries, and using the Neograft to market themselves. Having said that, I chose to stay away from Dr. Mulholland and Dr. Poon.

Research on here, there are top doctors in Canada and in USA too. If no-one has heard of the doctor you are asking about, that should be a warning sign...

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon