Winter hat after HT (pictures included)

Hi,

There are quite a few posts regarding hats after HT, but almost all of them discuss baseball cap type hats. I was wondering if it is and how long after is it Ok to wear winter hats.

For example something like these:

5b32d0f2002b1_winterhat3.jpg.12b9ff64bb327e842df12505599d1a15.jpg

5b32d0f1d3ff9_winterhat.jpg.1c9ec66267b2ac72bf8dace90714e340.jpg

5b32d0f1e1d4d_winterhat2.jpg.86c82947f1cf6f5eba394d51c768b3e9.jpg

Beanies like the ones above are not advisable to wear in the first 2 weeks as they can pull on your grafts and possibly take them out. After 2 weeks post op it's not a problem.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Ok, great. I'm almost a month post HT so I'll be alright then.

One more question: Is it OK to wear beanie on top of Toppik or Dermmatch? I know it will mess up the beanie but I'm OK with that. But would it affect the scalp or grafts in any way?

you can easily see in the picture on the right that it is pulling on the manequins forehead.

If you want a beanie, get one of the knitted ones and stretch it as much as possible so that it flops onto your head. You want to avoid it having any elasticity which will cause it to pull on the scalp.

Let me start by the disclaimer i am not a doctor, but if you do enough research, at 1 month, your grafts are set in place and the beanies should be fine. Plus, you lucky in the fact that a beanie can cover your donor scar area and transplanted area, keep you warm, but also still allow the skin/incisions to heal and breathe.

And as everyone always say, it would be best to run it by your doctor, to not only get his opinion, but if he give you the go ahead and then for some 1 in a million chance it causes problem....well....he told you to.

Best of luck.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)