Basic questions for hair restoration

Hi all,

I am planning to do hair transplant with Dr Rahal after seeing the positive feedback on this forum. I live in Toronto, so I am going to drive over there to have a onsite consultation. I got a few basic questions.

1. How many visits do we need during the 1st and 2nd week after the operation? I try to figure out whether I should come back or stay there for one or two weeks? It's about 5 hours drive.

2. Is the waiting list very long? I am planning to do it in Oct. Is it possible?

3. I notice several companies listed on Rahal's website can do finance. Has anyone used them? Any comments? good, bad?

You guys are all awesome,really inspired me to move forward with this decision.

Thanks

Steve

Hi all,

I am planning to do hair transplant with Dr Rahal after seeing the positive feedback on this forum. I live in Toronto, so I am going to drive over there to have a onsite consultation. I got a few basic questions.

1. How many visits do we need during the 1st and 2nd week after the operation? I try to figure out whether I should come back or stay there for one or two weeks? It's about 5 hours drive.

2. Is the waiting list very long? I am planning to do it in Oct. Is it possible?

3. I notice several companies listed on Rahal's website can do finance. Has anyone used them? Any comments? good, bad?

You guys are all awesome,really inspired me to move forward with this decision.

Thanks

Steve

Hi,

1. I had the op done on a Tuesday. I saw Dr. Rahal again the next day and on the Friday. I flew home Sunday evening.

2. I had to wait 5 months. I'm sure they could get you in for October, especially with you being local.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions just ask.

I'm from Toronto too, and Dr. Rahal did my HT back in January. He recommended that I come in the day before the procedure. Because it was a one-hour flight, he also recommended going home the day after the procedure. I don't think it's a good idea to drive 4 hours the day after a HT. You might be on Tylenol 3, or Percoset. Flights from Toronto to Ottawa are only a couple hundred bucks.

Steveph_S,

Welcome to the site and congratulations on taking the big next step. You are lucky that you are close enough to such a top doctor to be able to drive up for an in-person consultation (vs. an online one).

In response to your questions:

1. It's a good idea to arrive the night before surgery and spend a couple of days locally after surgery. The true benefit of this is that you can go back to the clinic and have them check everything out, "wash" the hair, take photos, etc. Plus, it gives you one more opportunity to ask questions in-person and get a feel for what 'gently rubbing' your grafts actually means (not that they will do that 1 day post-op, but still...).

After that, you are all set! You can head home and no "follow-up" visits are required, but as with all coalition doctors, their door is always open and I'm sure they would welcome you to come on by, show off your hair, answer any questions, etc.

2. Waiting lists vary a lot by doctor, time of year, and if any cancellations have come up. So, I'd just give them a call and you'll learn everything you need.

3. I can't really comment on either of the financing options presented as I haven't heard of them before.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Your family doctor or nurse or you can visit a walk-in clinic if want to remain anonymous.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog