Bruised Donor Area 1 Week Before Transplant...Any Risks?

Hi Guys,

Right now I'm scheduled with Dr. Rahal for under 2000 grafts next week. I didn't find out about the laxity scalp exercises until recently.

In an attempt to make up for this, I may have overdone the exercises. Currently it feels bruised and even swollen (2 days ago to now).

Would it be safe to get a transplant if I bruised myself 1 week prior.

I want to get a few concrete opinions (also e-mailed Dr. Rahal's rep in case) before I move forward. Trying to make sure nothing goes wrong on my part.

That is a tough one. I dont think there are any issues with respect to the graft survival, etc but Dr. Rahal may feel its better to wait so as not do too much damage to the donor upon extraction. It will be interesting to hear what the Rahal clinic tells you.

Good luck.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

That is a tough one. I dont think there are any issues with respect to the graft survival, etc but Dr. Rahal may feel its better to wait so as not do too much damage to the donor upon extraction. It will be interesting to hear what the Rahal clinic tells you.

Good luck.

Well, I was told by a rep at the clinic to stop the massage (don't know if Rahal is in the office due to New Years) and it may increase bleeding. However, I'm uncomfortable with the bruising.

So do you (or anybody) think that it would impact to both my donor scarring or grafts with 1 week to heal?

Edited by ragingbaldy

Well, I was told by a rep at the clinic to stop the massage (don't know if Rahal is in the office due to New Years) and it may increase bleeding. However, I'm uncomfortable with the bruising.

So do you (or anybody) think that it would impact to both my donor scarring or grafts with 1 week to heal?

When is your surgery date???? How much more time do you have to recover before the surgery?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Dr Rahal is currently away from the office, but I spoke to him and he says you should be fine. Presumably you've stopped doing the exercises.

I think the bruising will be largely gone by Friday anyway.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com