Aerobic exercise and hair loss

max900

I know this question has been raised alot of times and i went thru all answers but i never got the "clear" view .. im still confused if i should stop doin aerobic exercises such as treadmill and eleptical ? Do they really accelerate the hair loss ? do they realliy increase DHT levels ?

Hello max,

Have you ever noticed any changes in your hair while doing aerobic exercise and how many months you have been doing this routine? For me doing aerobic exercise doesn't mean can cause any problem, it is even helpful in maintaining our body and fight any signs of depression that can help in triggering hair loss. It is better to keep moving than doing nothing.

Exercise does not cause hairloss. As noted in the industry, MPB is caused by sensitvity to DHT (which is genetic). If anything, it would assist in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and support your hair.

If it wasn't the case all athletes would be bald, think about it.

It is normal to start "questioning everything " as a cause to your hairloss. Most people who have lost (or is losing) their hair go through this type of thinking. I did myself:

Is it my vitamins?

My shampoo?

My hat?

Etc.

Etc.

If you have specific questions, see your doctor and inquire

Edited by MrJobi

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Every male has DHT!! No matter if you exercise or not. Truth be told, DHT does not cause hair loss! Being sensitive to DHT is what causes hair loss!! Unfortunately, balding men are sensitive to DHT.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Shampoos ( including Nizoral) are no going to regrow hair by themselves. There are studies which indicate a marginal effect on haircount as a whole but the effect you will obtain by using Nizoral is certainly minimal.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Research indicates that long-term use of Nizoral Shampoo (Ketoconazole) may have some benefit in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. I don't think there was a clinical study that concluded this.

On the other hand, similar research shows that Pyrithione Zinc (Head and Shoulders) has the same DHT inhibitor effect!

Other research shows that people that used Pyrithione Zinc shampoos lost more hair that people with placebo shampoos.

So, I don't know. The trick is not to fall for the marketing strategies of these billion dollar companies and try to get results from independent research.

Edited by ShiningDome

I know this question has been raised alot of times and i went thru all answers but i never got the "clear" view .. im still confused if i should stop doin aerobic exercises such as treadmill and eleptical ? Do they really accelerate the hair loss ? do they realliy increase DHT levels ?

Don't listen to what is being said. Cardio exercise can cause hairloss. It doesn't mean you shouldn't excercise but avoid extreme cardio exercises like long distance running. Supplement appropriately as well with anti oxidants. Cardio exercise causes oxidative stress on the body. This includes the hair follicle.It also cause inflammation. One of the leading factors in hair loss.

In the hair follicle oxidative stress has been shown to influence programmed cell death, otherwise known as apoptosis. Apoptosis constitutes a strong negative determinant of hair production, inasmuch as susceptible substructures of the follicle, including dermal papilla cells, are the key precursors of hair shaft formation.

(Link removed by moderator)

Edited by TakingThePlunge

Exercise does not cause hairloss. As noted in the industry, MPB is caused by sensitvity to DHT (which is genetic). If anything, it would assist in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and support your hair.

If it wasn't the case all athletes would be bald, think about it.

Not all athletes have a genetic disposition to the causes of MPB. There's the fallacy

i think the only way to get your hair back is through surgery. I have a friend who was bald and stick to only one kind of product. I believe they were effective to him the moment I saw some changes in his hair.

Edited by nikemata