Just about to start using hair loss products - Any advice?

TheNamesLee

Hello, can I just firstly say I think this website is one of, if not the best hair loss website on the internet. After looking through alot of sites this is the most genuine one I can find, by which I mean there are views from many sources both for and against treatments, its balanced. Some forums look like there made just to promote there companies brand, with 100% positive comments. Unrealistic.

So anyway about myself, I'm 21 years old and have an advanced receding hairline. I used to have long hair but shaved it off recently, and you could see it much more. I couldnt believe I'd shaved it at first, but now pleased because its shocked me into hopefully doing something about it.

I've researched many products to help and decided to start using these products:

• Regaine Extra Strength
  • Biotin
  • Nizoral Shampoo

... and of course Finasteride/ Propecia.

I have reseached these products extensively but have 3 questions if anyone can help?

1. Has anyone suffered long term side effects from Finasteride/ Propecia? I have heard online stories but any real experiences?
  2. Whats the difference of Finasteride and Propecia? To be more clear, I realise Finasteride is what makes Propecia work, but is it just a branded form of Finasteride, just at Regaine is a branded form of Minoxidil?

I just cannot understand this price discrepancy...

http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/finasteride-5mg-tablets-49735?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Product&utm_campaign=Product

and

https://onlinedoctor.lloydspharmacy.com/mens-health/bt/baldness-treatment

First link is Finasteride and it's ?0.08 per tablet, the second it Propecia and works out at ?2.14 per tablet on the 4 week plan. Is there a difference?

For anyone outside the UK, Lloyds Pharmacy is a extremely reputable store with many across this country, thats why I can't understand the price difference. If it was some random 'Buy Propecia Online' website it would scream SCAM! but the store is one of the most well known in England.

I'm a student and can't afford Propecia at present, so was wondering if there is a difference?

LAST QUESTION I PROMISE ... Lastly I said what products I intend on using, does anyone have any advice and experience of other products that worked for them and they think perhaps I may benefit from using?

I know people must have answered questions like this many times but would appreciated the advice.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks!

Yes, I was thinking of perhaps doing that, just using the Rogaine combined with maybe the Biotin first and see if it works.

I was worried that Propecia would have stopped my sex drive but if anything being 21, its in overdrive. So i don't know if it would make a difference, but that just it. I don't know.

But then again I'm young if I used Propecia early it might set me up with a head of hair for life.

We can dream...

I promised myself I'm guna start using the products on New Years Day, fresh start and everything, but I agree Propecia is daunting. But thanks good advice. I will approach it with caution.

Did Rogaine work for you? My doctor said where I'm receding I still have very fine hairs there, and minoxidil could 'kick start' them again. Very scientific.

The best advice I can give you is to use the meds religiously and be patient. Don't even start looking for changes for 6-12 months.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I will be patient, but i think i'll just feel better putting it in my hair to be honest, feel like i'm doing something about it.

Do you think is better in Regaine form or tablet?

I noticed you take Finasteride RC West.

Is there any difference between that and Propecia, or is Propecia just a branded form of propecia, because the prices range massively between to two?

Thanks.

I will be patient, but i think i'll just feel better putting it in my hair to be honest, feel like i'm doing something about it.

Do you think is better in Regaine form or tablet?

I noticed you take Finasteride RC West.

Is there any difference between that and Propecia, or is Propecia just a branded form of propecia, because the prices range massively between to two?

Thanks.

Finisteride 5 mg dose is what they give to men with prostate problems. Propecia is exactly the same drug but 1mg. As hair loss isn't seen as a medical condition being in the UK we have to pay through the nose for it by getting a private prescription from your doctor. Boots was slightly cheaper at ?125 for 3 months supply but like you said it's still ridiculously over priced. There is a recommended site from here called ukfinisteride.info where it works out about ?250 for a year's supply but I haven't used them yet. They ship them from America.

II'm 33 and If I new what I know now I'd have been taking propecia for the past 5 years to keep what I had, the only reason I'm not taking propecia now is because we are trying for a child and I don't want to take even the slightest chance on its health.

I hope this helps!

Hello

I have been using Propecia (Finasteride) for over 10 years without side effects (never interested in using Rogaine although it is an option) . In addtion, I used concealer until I was able to complete 3 HT''s and "get over the hump" of hairloss.

The first step ( in my opinion) is to stabilize your hairloss. Speak to your doctor about youur options

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!