first day on Rogaine!

newby1234

I've finally plucked up the balls to try the Rogaine that's been sat in my draw for a month!

I'm only trying it on the temples as this is were I have most loss currently.

I've seen various posts relating to miniaturized and velous hairs, what do these look like?

I haven't put it on the rest of my head for fear of additional loss as it is still fairly thick. Are my thoughts right on this or should I take the plunge?

Good luck, Newby! Keep us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I would also put it on the rest of your head...worrying about putting it on your head in fear you are going to lose your hair is kind of an oxy moronic statement even though I know what you mean in regards to shedding hair. I would put it on the whole head if you are fearful of losing your hair. Are you on meds?

Only use it where you have hairloss do not use anywhere else on your head!!

It will do next to nothing for your hairline maybe slow the loss a bit at best,do not expect regrowth.if you want regrowth get fue.

Maybe I'll open up another can of worms here but here goes!

What is so different to hair on the front of our head to the back or crown that is supposed to stop Rogaine and propecia working there ?

I've read another article linked from here that said it could work but they can't publish the fact because that wasn't how the tests were carried out to get fda approval?

rogaine alone does not work on hairlines 99% percent of the time that is a fact..proof me wrong

proof me wrong?

Also, before you said it will not do anything at all, so where are you getting this specific 99% figure from?

I don't need to prove anything, anybody can google 'Rogaine on hairline' and find tons of positive results from forums, videos and other sources. There is also plenty of places stating that they have only tested rogaine on the crown area, which is why they do not/can not advertise it for frontal usage.

I'm currently using Rogaine on my hairline and it is definitely making a difference, after 3 months of usage.

99% i will break it down for you..if you are very very lucky you may be the one (exception) that gets a small benefit from rogaine on the hair line small blond hairs at best, the 99%(the rule) will get no benefit.

Tons of results you say that is lies,i have researched everything and i have not seen 'tons' infact i have seen very little,can you provide links to just 5 out of the tons of rogaine only temples results you have seen?thanks.

I hope you genuinely do get hairline regrowth on rogaine i really do,but i too thought initially when i was using it that i had some regrowth but i kind of convinced myself it was working when it wasnt.

Newhair is correct fin and rogaine do work on the frontal third in that i am saying the forelock area but the temples do not respond to medication for some unknown reason.

proof me wrong?

Also, before you said it will not do anything at all, so where are you getting this specific 99% figure from?

I don't need to prove anything, anybody can google 'Rogaine on hairline' and find tons of positive results from forums, videos and other sources. There is also plenty of places stating that they have only tested rogaine on the crown area, which is why they do not/can not advertise it for frontal usage.

I'm currently using Rogaine on my hairline and it is definitely making a difference, after 3 months of usage.

Thanks for the positive feedback Rich, I to have also read similar articles so fingers crossed. I'll be taking pictures and posting every month.

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks in and only using it on frontal area and temples. Started getting occasional strange tingling sensation. I've not noticed any other loss or had any side effects.

There is an article on Wikipedia relating to Rogaine on frontal area working so I'm prepared to give it a good shot! Nizoral ordered for the rest.

• 1 month later...